Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and to my Jeep Renegade. Just bought a 2018 Jeep Renegade Sport, 32,500 miles, 4WD, manual transmission, and I love it. The one thing I was hoping to find was an aftermarket panoramic sunroof (one large panel or two smaller panels). Something like what I've seen in some Renegades or like the Webasto Hollandia 500. I spoke to a local accessories shop that does sunroof installs, and they said that Webasto no longer sells the Hollandia 500 and it can only come factory installed. (Apparently, this didn't used to be the case.)

Anyone have any insight? Know how I can do something like this? Alternately, anyone had two sunroofs installed? Seems like that would be super pricey. I've also wondered about the structural integrity of my Jeep by just installing two, when they aren't necessarily made for it. Experiences? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Serafina

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and to my Jeep Renegade. Just bought a 2018 Jeep Renegade Sport, 32,500 miles, 4WD, manual transmission, and I love it. The one thing I was hoping to find was an aftermarket panoramic sunroof (one large panel or two smaller panels). Something like what I've seen in some Renegades or like the Webasto Hollandia 500. I spoke to a local accessories shop that does sunroof installs, and they said that Webasto no longer sells the Hollandia 500 and it can only come factory installed. (Apparently, this didn't used to be the case.)

Anyone have any insight? Know how I can do something like this? Alternately, anyone had two sunroofs installed? Seems like that would be super pricey. I've also wondered about the structural integrity of my Jeep by just installing two, when they aren't necessarily made for it. Experiences? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Serafina
If your Jeep didn't come with one, cutting a hole and doing an aftermarket sunroof will ruin the structural integrity. Especially if you go for a larger panoramic or try putting in two of these. Not saying it can't be done, just that it will put you at higher risk in a collision or rollover.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Serafina,
I too desire the sunroof capabilities. I called a few shops in Houston and two shops said they have installed aftermarket sunroofs on the jeep renegade. They quoted me about $1200 and 3 days of labor. I am looking for aftermarket T-Top style panels and a shop to install them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts