Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on installing a Pioneer head unit in my 2016 Renegade. I’m good with just about everything but the antenna adapter. The adaptor comes with a wire to connect to power but I’m not sure if the Renegade has an amplified antenna or not. Should I connect the power lead for the antenna?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is that for a powered (amplified) antenna, or a power (hidden, electrically extending and retracting) antenna? My guess would be the latter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cable on the adaptor is just for power. It can be used for either an amplified antenna or a retractable power antenna. In the case of the Renegade I’m curious to find out if it has an amplified antenna which would require the power connection.

Without the power connected, I have reception, but it’s not as good as I had with the stock radio, which is prompting me to think I should connect the power lead.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Gotcha. I don't know for sure on this one then, and will be watching for the answer too. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out that in fact the Renegade has a powered (or amplified) antenna. I connected the blue wire from the Metra antenna adapter to the blue/white accessory cable coming from the head unit and my reception has improved dramatically. Power to the antenna!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts