Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Altitude, push button start, no passive entry option, just power locks. The remote start uses my existing fob (lock button 3 times).

Just had the Service Passive Entry message pop up after remote starting my Renegade, and it won't go away. After some searching here and Google, I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes, I replaced the battery on both key fobs (securely snapping metal keys back in after), and I tried to just push the start button on the steering column without starting it like a poster suggested. All to no avail. There is no option to disable the passive entry in my Uconnect settings. The code does not show up in my code reader, so I can't reset it that way.

Does anyone have any other successful suggestions that have worked? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade with 21K miles (yes, I have low mileage). The Service Passive Entry System message popped up on my dashboard, the dealer ask that I bring it in for diagnostic $189.00, so I looked it up on line and found this forum. I read through all the troubleshooting, the best that worked for me was remove the negative battery for a few minutes (these cars are computerized) to reboot the system and it work. It won't be the key fob battery because I've experience that a few years back, which has a notification indicator of its own. another option was to start the car, without having it run... but that option didn't work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts