Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

So I recently purchased a Jeep Renegade and I love it. The downside, however, is that it did not come with a spare tire, nor the cover that rests atop the spare tire in the trunk. With this I cannot make full use out of my trunk and it is king of obnoxious. I was curious if any of you fine people would know where I could purchase one that is cheeper than the mopar one for an outrageous $400. I have attached a picture below for clarification as I don't really know how to describe what I am looking for haha. Thanks for your help!

Edit for clarification: I am not looking for a spare tire, but for the cover on top of the spare tire compartment. I have attached a picture with the part number from the website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spare tyre and wheel from the scrapyard for £30.

Your topic was raised a few days ago and if you click the red link there are numerous posts to have a wee read. One of them will likely offer a solution.

Click the red link to the forum regarding spare wheel.
Greetings,

I appreciate such a prompt response! I was, however, referring to the spare tire cover, a picture fo which I have provided below. Thank you again for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Use a cardboard box and cut it as a template. Overlay the template upon a sheet of 6mm plywood. Mark and cut to shape. Apply a 2 touch adhesive to one side of the plywood and lay on top any spare carpet you have. Trim the carpet to the shape of your newly cut out plywood.

A really cheap and easy boot liner for less that $5 :eek::p(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a cardboard box and cut it as a template. Overlay the template upon a sheet of 6mm plywood. Mark and cut to shape. Apply a 2 touch adhesive to one side of the plywood and lay on top any spare carpet you have. Trim the carpet to the shape of your newly cut out plywood.

A really cheap and easy boot liner for less that $5 :eek::p(y)(y)(y)
For sure, I might have to give that a go hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts