Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The night I bought my Renegade the finance guy had an issue getting the registration completed and said it had something to do with it coming from Italy. They gave me temporary plates and said I should get the new plates in 6 - 8 weeks. I checked the next day and they said they fixed the issue. I checked in 2 months and they said I’d have them in a week. So I kept checking for another month and nothing. After a lot of calls and emails I finally found out they had transferred my original plates the day after I bought the Renegade. At this point I had been driving illegally on temporary plates for over 3 months. Now I have my old plates with a new sticker but the registration still says my old car. The dealer printed out a report saying the plates were registered to the Renegade and I will get updated registration paperwork in a couple of days but now it’s 2 weeks and I’m still waiting with no response from the dealer. I’m leaving the name of the dealer out in hopes the Care people will ask me to PM it to them but I’m ready to post it. This has been an unneeded pain in the butt and I feel I should get something for my aggravation. I hope the service department is better because of the issue other people are having.

If this isn't the right place to posted this please move it to the right place.

·
Super Moderator
4,907 Posts
I was in the same boat with ours. It took just over 3 months to get the new sticker for our old tag but it was not a big deal every month the dealer just gave us a new temp tag and paper work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you finally got it worked out.

If it was just a matter of waiting and the dealer kept me up to date I never would have posted my story. I want them to take some ownership for needlessly having me drive around illegally for 3 months. the transfer went through the day after I bought my Renegade. they just needed to call me and say come get your sticker.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad you finally got it worked out.

If it was just a matter of waiting and the dealer kept me up to date I never would have posted my story. I want them to take some ownership for needlessly having me drive around illegally for 3 months. the transfer went through the day after I bought my Renegade. they just needed to call me and say come get your sticker.
We had the same issue with the Mrs' Renegade. We purchased it, and had temporary tags. After a week, the dealer called to inform us there was an issue with a certain series of VIN numbers, using a non-traditional character (Honestly think it was X). DMV's had trouble "understanding" them.

At the end of our temp tags, we went back to the dealer and they issued us a second set of temp tags. We were nearly at the end of those, when the real ones came in.

All round, it was weird driving for almost three months on temp tags, but it was all sorted out in the end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@JeepCares ,

I'm still waiting on the my registration paperwork from the dealer. they said the plates are registered to the Renegade and gave me a current sticker for the IL plates. the problem is the info with the sticker is for my old car. I can PM you the dealer info if there's something you can do to help. I need the correct paperwork, and would like someone to take ownership. A few free oil changes would be great for my aggravation.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
We had the same issue with the Mrs' Renegade. We purchased it, and had temporary tags. After a week, the dealer called to inform us there was an issue with a certain series of VIN numbers, using a non-traditional character (Honestly think it was X). DMV's had trouble "understanding" them.

At the end of our temp tags, we went back to the dealer and they issued us a second set of temp tags. We were nearly at the end of those, when the real ones came in.

All round, it was weird driving for almost three months on temp tags, but it was all sorted out in the end.
@JeepCares ,

I'm still waiting on the my registration paperwork from the dealer. they said the plates are registered to the Renegade and gave me a current sticker for the IL plates. the problem is the info with the sticker is for my old car. I can PM you the dealer info if there's something you can do to help. I need the correct paperwork, and would like someone to take ownership. A few free oil changes would be great for my aggravation.
BluMule,

What Gravitywell states is correct. We actually have a dedicated line to handle these concerns: 1-844-900-5100.

Rather than calling that line, you can also PM me on here with the following info and I can escalate it to the proper group internally:

- VIN
- Name
- Dealership
- State of residency (where are they trying to register, insure or finance the vehicle)
- Nature of issue (i.e., registration, title, insurance, financing)
- If insurance or financing, who is the company?
- If insurance or financing, was it on-line, on the phone, or in person?
- Current status or outcome

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can't quite figure out the root cause as to why this could occur. I would think that FCA would have this all pre-programmed with the dealers. This can't be the only foreign built vehicle.

Reactions: BluMule
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.