Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an air pump for my Renegade a couple months ago, keeps over heating and just overall quality very poor. Wondering if you guys know any good air compressor for under 350$ that can fill up my tires (225/55R18).
I looked into the Internet and find a nice list. I think that I should probably choose any of this.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Miles, Miles, Miles, lady luck has shone upon you my friend. Are you looking for a home compressor or one for going off road?

Hmm perhaps 10 days ago if not less one of this Forum members posted with pictures a brilliant post about how they fitted a tyre compressor onto the rear parcel shelf surround of the Renegade. This allowed them to deflate the tyres for going off road and then reinflate before going back onto hard standing.

Their compressor was just lying around in the garage so if I am not mistaken it will not cost you anywhere near as much as you think.

I shall have a look for the post by searching and using the word "compressor" and see if I can find it. (y)

And here is the link by a great friend on the forum known as Jeepatron:

Click the red link to see the post

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miles, Miles, Miles, lady luck has shone upon you my friend. Are you looking for a home compressor or one for going off road?

Hmm perhaps 10 days ago if not less one of this Forum members posted with pictures a brilliant post about how they fitted a tyre compressor onto the rear parcel shelf surround of the Renegade. This allowed them to deflate the tyres for going off road and then reinflate before going back onto hard standing.

Their compressor was just lying around in the garage so if I am not mistaken it will not cost you anywhere near as much as you think.

I shall have a look for the post by searching and using the word "compressor" and see if I can find it. (y)

And here is the link by a great friend on the forum known as Jeepatron:

Click the red link to see the post
I'm looking for the portable air compressor. I'd like to buy a new one.

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
I'd just go on Amazon and order one that has a good overall rating.

e.g.

This is more-or-less the one I have. (But slightly smaller and without the light.)

It's ok. Medium quality build but compact. Hose seems flimsy but still going after 6 years.

There are better ones available in the US.

OK for road use, would get a more robust/expensive one for off road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts