Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been using one of the Harbor Freight 12v compressors (part number 69284 or 61788) for many years. It has worked well for me inflating tires, tubes, and sports equipment. I wouldn't trust it as my only compressor on an African Safari, but it has never failed me over the past 5+ years. I keep one in my truck, and I'll be buying another for my Renegade.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agree I have a HF power station never leave home without it. On a trip to the Grand Canyon we pulled into a rest stop to nap. I forgot the head lights were on DEAD BATTERY. The power station started the suv in 30 seconds. So if your going sand driveing get a power station on sale there $49. A good compressor will run at lease $29. And the power station comes with compressor, light, jump start, plug to run all 12 v toys and a DC/Ac converter if you need to power tv,fridge or a tool

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been using one of the Harbor Freight 12v compressors (part number 69284 or 61788) for many years. It has worked well for me inflating tires, tubes, and sports equipment. I wouldn't trust it as my only compressor on an African Safari, but it has never failed me over the past 5+ years. I keep one in my truck, and I'll be buying another for my Renegade.
Thanks so much I bought one of these on your recommendation and carry it around in my new Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a little 100 PSI air compressor in my garage that plugs into the regular household outlet in the back of the center armrest. Lashed it down with a ratcheting strap to keep it from bouncing around back there on the trail and I'm done. A $0 air compressor solution. Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a little 100 PSI air compressor in my garage that plugs into the regular household outlet in the back of the center armrest. Lashed it down with a ratcheting strap to keep it from bouncing around back there on the trail and I'm done. A $0 air compressor solution. Photos attached.
Dragging this back up. I am surprised the inverter will power that compressor.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25545&d=1446755951
I carry this one in the saddle bag of my motorcycle (and a tire plug kit). I'm not sure how hot it would get filling four large SUV tires but it is nice and compact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had really good luck with a small Husky compressor. Bought it like 3 years ago from Home Depot for like $20. Worked on all my cars and even has a glow in the dark gauge. I like that its super quiet, but will take a while to fill a tire from 30 psi up to 70 or 80 psi if you had to. But at such a small and compact shape I don't mid if it takes 30 seconds to fill up a tire.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I've had really good luck with a small Husky compressor. Bought it like 3 years ago from Home Depot for like $20. Worked on all my cars and even has a glow in the dark gauge. I like that its super quiet, but will take a while to fill a tire from 30 psi up to 70 or 80 psi if you had to. But at such a small and compact shape I don't mid if it takes 30 seconds to fill up a tire.
30 seconds to go from 30 to 70 or 80 psi is pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.