Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Trailhawk JBCT Omaha Orange
7 Posts
K&N seems to have one, for... $74.99
Autozone seems to have one for $15.99... but the price differences makes me wonder why it's SOO cheap.
Since they are the same price and K&N doesn't post any figures to back up their "Designed to increase horsepower" claim I'd just go for the OEM one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought the k&n 55 on amazon

its just an airfilter you can clean didnt notice anything differtent
I think the OEM has the cotton gauze layer to minimize inside window film. However I’m sure it’s not optimal for airflow? I ordered the 5101. Waiting for it to come in!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I think the OEM has the cotton gauze layer to minimize inside window film. However I’m sure it’s not optimal for airflow?
Welcome!

Which OEM cotton gauze layer are you referring to? Was that in response to my confusion in the other thread as to what the pleated textile stuff was in the top housing cover, when I was changing the OEM filter a few months ago?
Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

It's not the filter itself, which is separate and which this pleated stuff fits over. And the OEM Mopar packaging didn't include anything like that; nor is there any obvious way to remover that pleated material...

My thought was that it might be some kind of icing protection, which certain variations of Volkswagen filters include (I think for specific climate conditions). But again, I didn't see any way to remove or change it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts