Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Rock Auto's web site looking for an air filter. They had a Wix filter listed (out of stock). I went on the Wix web site and could not find it. So I e-mailed Wix and they said that it has not been released yet, but will be between now and November.
Part# is WA10337

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which engine is that air filter for? I just looked it up on WIX and there is no info yet for that filter.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the 1.4 turbo and the 2.4 take the same filter. You are right, no info on the Wix site. They said it will be available sometime between now and November. The Rock Auto site shows the filter, but obviously out of stock since it hasn't been released yet. Rock will notify me when available.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How in the world is there no filters for a car that has been out for over a year ...
When I got my 30k oil change they asked me if I wanted a filter. Strapped for time, I said yes (I KNOW they cost more, I still save money based on what I earn). They didn't have one. I spent the day going to and calling every auto part store I could find. The ONLY place I could get one, was the dealership.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only after-market filter available right now is the K&N oil-based filter. The Wix paper filter should be available soon.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
How in the world is there no filters for a car that has been out for over a year ...
My 2005 legacy had essentially zero availability of air filters from the major filter makers for the last decade. Still can't get them. There's like two high end aftermarket reusable drop ins, and OEM.

I'd troll my oil change place with them all the time. IF they didn't try to sell me an air filter, I'd ask them if they checked. Say yes, then they would have to tell me they don't have one and weren't going to get their spiff.

The renegade pushes enough numbers they should show up though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im a K&N guy, whenever my vehicle is needing a air filter that is my first choice, never had any issues with them and last forever as long as you clean it properly and in a timely manner.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In Europe there are many aftermarket air filters available:

• ASHIKA 0257 20-09-927 ASHIKA
  • BLUE PRINT 0350 ADL142217 BLUE PRINT
  • BORG & BECK 0475 BFA2416 BORG & BECK
  • CLEAN FILTERS 0163 MA3230 CLEAN FILTERS
  • FEBI BILSTEIN 0101 48508 FEBI BILSTEIN
  • FILTRON 0256 AP022/7 FILTRON
  • JAPANPARTS 0156 FA-927S JAPANPARTS
  • MECAFILTER 0218 ELP9446 MECAFILTER
  • MULLER FILTER 0490 PA3688 MULLER FILTER
  • WIX FILTERS 0324 WA9804 WIX FILTERS

https://autoczescizielonki.pl/parts...019-000107051-0002-00008-0100002,0100383.aspx

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the first things I did after getting our CPO 2015 Renegade (with 14k miles on it), was to pop in a K&N filter. We have them on all our cars. The OEM filter was already a bit grungy, so it was time. One thing I noticed right away is that the drivetrain (1.4l, 6 speed manual) doesn't bog down anymore in 1st gear when letting out the clutch pedal. I've been driving manuals for 40+ years and I was still finding the Renegade a bit tricky to start from a stop without stalling at times. The K&N seemed to help with that.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Wix filter# WA10337 is available. I picked one up from Rock Auto. Local auto parts stores should be able to order.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, K&N makes one. Since the 1.4L turbo engines use a MAP sensor and so does the 2.4L (i believe), you dont have to worry about fouling up any airflow sensors with oil. Both vehicles use the same size panel filter, with the 2.4L getting an intake kit from K&N. I personally went and diy'ed a short ram intake for my 1.4L Turbo with Spectre parts so now I have a 6" specter cone filter sitting in the Renegade now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, K&N makes one. Since the 1.4L turbo engines use a MAP sensor and so does the 2.4L (i believe), you dont have to worry about fouling up any airflow sensors with oil. Both vehicles use the same size panel filter, with the 2.4L getting an intake kit from K&N. I personally went and diy'ed a short ram intake for my 1.4L Turbo with Spectre parts so now I have a 6" specter cone filter sitting in the Renegade now.
have any pics of it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
have any pics of it?
Here you go! I went and found my old K&N clamp on cone filter I kept off my my old Audi and swapped that out for the Spectre Filter yesterday. Sorry, I don't know how to make the image appear in the body of this post.

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=60234&stc=1&d=1489258930

The tubing for the catch can obscures it a bit, sorry about that. I have everything to mount the catch can in a better spot and make the vacuum tubes shorter, but it is just too cold and windy here in Massachusetts to want to be outside today.

The parts I used:

3.0-2.5" PVC Tapered reducer (you have to really tighten it down to fit onto the turbo inlet.)
3.0" vacuum adapter tube, plastic
3.0" pvc coupling x2
3.0" 45 degree elbow, plastic
3.0" 60 degree elbow, plastic
K&N 6" clamp on cone filter for a 3" intake
Brass fittings and connectors for 3/8" and 5/8" vacuum lines(Get them from your local hardware store). I didn't trust the plastic ones that come with the Spectre adapter tube. I got it for the pre-drilled holes.
Lots of little screw clamps

Assembly order:

Turbo---3.0-2.5"reducer---Coupler--- Vacuum Adapter Tube---Coupler---45 degree elbow---Coupler---60 degree elbow---air filter. This will put the filter in the location of the stock air box.

All these parts are found in the "Performance" Aisle at Autozone/Pepboys/Advance Autoparts. Unfortunatley, none of the stores near me carried aluminum intake tubing so I went with plastic.

Some of the tubing parts come with their own shiny clamp. Don't use those, the are junk. Use the pvc couplers instead.

I got creative and made my own bracket from an aluminum bar to stabilize the whole thing. It is bolted to the lower grommet where the stock air box gets push in, and is held to the intake with a 4" screw clamp. You can kind of see it just before the blue coupler closest to the air filter.

I didn't want a CAI because the roads I commute on have poor drainage when it rains. Don't need to hit anything too deep and risk getting locked. The short-ram keeps everything away from water, and the intercooler helps make up for the temperature inside the engine bay.

Doesn't seem to add any power, torque, or affect mileage, but it definitely makes the 1.4L Turbo considerably less... "lumpy" with its power delivery. The throttle response is greatly improved too. My 7 year old son likes the *whooosh sssspshhhh* engine noises (and so does my inner 16 year old).

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.