Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I have a new renegade Longtiude 2017, but i hear air leak sound from the left window when driving above 50 MPH, but i can't feel any air leak, only the sound.

it's now at service center for checking, lucky me they gave me Trailhawk as a replacement.

Did any if you notice that air leak sound, i have a feeling that is the sound of air cut while driving at 60 MPH?

:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this same issue on my 2016 Latitude. The dealer replaced the door seals, but it did not solve the problem for me. There has been quite a bit of discussion on here about this issue. Some people claim they have no wind noise at all. Others have had various fixes implemented including a warped window glass I believe. Personally, I'm beginning to believe its just a result of the big mirrors and boxy design. Hopefully they get it resolved for you. If they do I'm certainly interested in what they did to fix the issue.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had an audible air leak on the driver's-side door when driving cross country at speeds above 65. The sound seemed to be coming from door seal, not the window, area. It seemed to occur when I was in high cross winds. I've not heard it since, will low wind situations, even at 70+.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Air Leak

I bought my Renegade on 5/20/17 and I just noticed that I am having the same issue. I will be taking it in to have to checked out asap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys,
I have a new renegade Longtiude 2017, but i hear air leak sound from the left window when driving above 50 MPH, but i can't feel any air leak, only the sound.

it's now at service center for checking, lucky me they gave me Trailhawk as a replacement.

Did any if you notice that air leak sound, i have a feeling that is the sound of air cut while driving at 60 MPH?

I have a 2016 latitude with the same leak. it is I believe a door seal issue ( try getting up to speed, (same for me around 45 to 50 mph) and only roll down one window at a time and you will know which door it is.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Search the right topic and find your answer. :eek:;)

Strangely enough I have just reintroduced an old topic identical to what you seek and it offers answers. Search for my latest post (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi guys,

mine is driverside….we have double weather stripping and sometimes don't match perfect.....plus we drive a box...a beautiful one at that....we took her out to the poppy fields today....the sheriff was turn people away from the poppy reserve so we took the long way around and had hills and valleys of the orange poppies with purple and yellow desert flowers mixed....angelic...the world keeps on going....it's not scared or worried....awesome..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts