Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
That is pretty cool, but I feel like some billboards or commercials would be marketing money better spent. If I had a dollar for every vehicle I discovered while sitting at an airport, I would officially have zero dollars.

Good for Jeep though!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Cool...but?

I'm not sure what the marketers were thinking. Few people actually "look" at planes at an airport and when the plane is doing its job as a billboard, its 30,000 away from any viewers. And a plane is the worst thing to take off-roading over rough terrain. We've all seen films of what that looks like.

Just not sure what they're after here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love it

I like it so much, I asked some of the mfg I deal with that make diecast airliners if they would consider doing a small run., Still awaiting an answer.

That said where are the 1/18 scale diecast, seems that would be an easy sale to quite a few people??

Flaps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cool...but?

I'm not sure what the marketers were thinking. Few people actually "look" at planes at an airport and when the plane is doing its job as a billboard, its 30,000 away from any viewers. And a plane is the worst thing to take off-roading over rough terrain. We've all seen films of what that looks like.

Just not sure what they're after here.
Great point.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I guess it is different. How many aeroplanes do you see with this kind of advertising? Few people actually look at an aeroplane, but it is something that people will notice, unless they are walking round in a daze or have a guide dog or a white stick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some people like , some dont

Your just not into airplanes, there are tons of aviation nuts like myself that actually like Passenger Airplanes , collect, look at, heck that's why Airports have areas to view landings and takeoffs and so on. We live close to the Las Vegas Airport and always look at whats landing , if we cant make out what it is, we look harder :)

So advertising on a Jet is not a bad idea, and I think Fiat was proud to be making an Italian Jeep and from what I read, these seem to be a big deal in Italy and other European Countries.

I want one bad, Flaps

I guess it is different. How many aeroplanes do you see with this kind of advertising? Few people actually look at an aeroplane, but it is something that people will notice, unless they are walking round in a daze or have a guide dog or a white stick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.