Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knew that we purchased the ONLY adventure vehicle that you can't find a trailer hitch for nor can you mount a trunk/hatch bike rack to due to the "spoiler" on the hatch!

Hey honey.. Want to go riding? "Sure.. I'll go load up the PONTIAC"!!

Somehow stacking two $5,000 bikes on top of one another over folded seats in a "trail rated" vehicle doesn't sit well with me!

A roof system is out of the question.

Get with it jeep! Don't offer something then not have a way to follow through with it!

End rant!

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Give it some time, my friend. There will be many options available once manufacturers have some time to design and fabricate the necessary accessories that we long for.

I've gone through this with other vehicles as well, and have seen some very creative (and profitable to those who put the effort into it) solutions come out.

I do agree on the trailer hitch comment though - that should've been ready from the get-go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Share the road!!!!!

Who knew that we purchased the ONLY adventure vehicle that you can't find a trailer hitch for nor can you mount a trunk/hatch bike rack to due to the "spoiler" on the hatch!

Somehow stacking two $5,000 bikes on top of one another over folded seats in a "trail rated" vehicle doesn't sit well with me!

Get with it jeep! Don't offer something then not have a way to follow through with it!

End rant!

·
Registered
84 Posts

End rant!

http://www.renegadeready.com/Trailer-Hitch-Retrofit-Kit_p_77.html

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I fold down the seat behind the driver's seat, remove the front wheel, and lean the bike over against the upright "passenger" seat. Works well. For two bikes, I would take off both wheels. I assume you're high-end bikes have quick-release wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I assume you're high-end bikes have quick-release wheels.

I wasn't being an elitists. It's just no way to transport them safely. I'll admit I haven't messed around with them yet. I was dreading doing so tomorrow. We had this vision of what we wanted this vehicle to be for us. That utilitarian aspect hasn't come through yet. I understand patience. I also understand uninformed selling a vehicle they know nothing about telling you "oh don't worry we'll throw a hitch on for you after delivery" when in fact we now know that wasn't gonna happen. Now I read the threads pertaining to the costs involved in retrofitting the TH due to its rigidity. I know from experience the first on the aftermarket for anything isn't necessarily the best option so I will like the rest of you keep an eye on things. Makes me thankful for this forum ?.

Oh and there is no road to share. Only trail!!

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts

End rant!
Jeep clearly bungled the Renegade's launch in the US. This and their marketing efforts here and abroad leads me to believe it was a model specifically designed to expand the Jeep brand to Europe.

At the same time... this is also the cost of being an early adopter. Kind of like buying a brand new smartphone and not being able to get accessories for it. Remember how things were like when Apple ditched the 30-pin connector and went to the Lightning cable? To this day nearly all aftermarket car audio manufacturers still don't have a head unit that supports the new Apple connector.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Oh, with mountain bikes it will be more difficult to hoist them into the car. My 16-pound road racing bike is easy to get into the back.

I can see why some of you want a hitch for a bike rack, especially if you ride on muddy trails.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.