Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Should be different in US.
I would be VERY surprised if this isn't offered EXACTLY how the Renegade is.

As for the 9 speed tranny, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and never again.

Blows my mind how people are driving the Renegade with this tranny and are OK with the way it performs.

To each their own I guess!

·
Registered
782 Posts
The front end "salamander" look is there from it's big brother, the Grand Cherokee. Will it appeal enough to sell well? We'll all soon find out, won't we?

Personally, I still prefer the Renegade. Thank you.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Reportedly the 2.4/9 speed at launch. Coming from Mexico.

I think it looks like a Grand Cherokee only 2" small all the way around. Looked best in the promo pics like Buick Encore in GC styling. But it's got a huge hood and sloping roof. The lack of a grab bars speaks volumes. I'll stick with the Renny.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know why people are knocking the 9 speed tranny in the Renegade? Mine works great, but if you want to bash one, go drive a Patriot with the CVT! I drove on the other day and it was marginal at best. As far as the new Compass is concerned, I think it looks great but I don't know if the head room in the cargo area would work for my dogs. I've got a couple of 90Lb critters and they don't like being cramped up in a vehicle. They can stand up fully in the Renney but the I don't think they'd be able to in the Compass.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't know why people are knocking the 9 speed tranny in the Renegade? Mine works great, but if you want to bash one, go drive a Patriot with the CVT! I drove on the other day and it was marginal at best. As far as the new Compass is concerned, I think it looks great but I don't know if the head room in the cargo area would work for my dogs. I've got a couple of 90Lb critters and they don't like being cramped up in a vehicle. They can stand up fully in the Renney but the I don't think they'd be able to in the Compass.

They do it because its different and still expect the power and acceleration of a big engine to rocket them to work every morning (minus the stop and go traffic). Those days are over and car companies will continue to redesign engines and transmission to meet existing and coming regulations.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They do it because its different and still expect the power and acceleration of a big engine to rocket them to work every morning (minus the stop and go traffic). Those days are over and car companies will continue to redesign engines and transmission to meet existing and coming regulations.
Can't speak for those who you are talking about but here are the reasons why I knock my Renegade:

It struggles to merge and pass people on the highway, struggles on the slightest of up hills, I'm filling up the gas tank every 3.5 days (because of it's microscopic gas tank and my super high average of 18 MPG (and before anyone says anything, I am NOT heavy footed and 85% of my driving is HIGHWAY), I get warning messages every other week about EVERY SINGLE ONE of my lights being out and what was the last thing? Oh, yea! My engine stalled WHILE IT WAS IN DRIVE 4 times. May have been 5, I lost count! Thankfully, 3 times were stop and go traffic and the other few were when I was pulling out of the parking lot at work, so it never happened at higher speeds.

So, yea.

You're experience is great, that's fine but the people who complain? We all have our reasons and our reasons are 100% legit. If you've experienced what we have, something tells me you wouldn't be so peachy keen for the Renegade.

My case has already been escalated to involve Stericycle and Jeep has already offered me a replacement. Obviously I've declined and requested a buy back. Let's hope FCA does right by their customers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can't speak for those who you are talking about but here are the reasons why I knock my Renegade:

It struggles to merge and pass people on the highway, struggles on the slightest of up hills, I'm filling up the gas tank every 3.5 days (because of it's microscopic gas tank and my super high average of 18 MPG (and before anyone says anything, I am NOT heavy footed and 85% of my driving is HIGHWAY), I get warning messages every other week about EVERY SINGLE ONE of my lights being out and what was the last thing? Oh, yea! My engine stalled WHILE IT WAS IN DRIVE 4 times. May have been 5, I lost count! Thankfully, 3 times were stop and go traffic and the other few were when I was pulling out of the parking lot at work, so it never happened at higher speeds.

So, yea.

You're experience is great, that's fine but the people who complain? We all have our reasons and our reasons are 100% legit. If you've experienced what we have, something tells me you wouldn't be so peachy keen for the Renegade.

My case has already been escalated to involve Stericycle and Jeep has already offered me a replacement. Obviously I've declined and requested a buy back. Let's hope FCA does right by their customers.
Obviously your issues have gone well beyond my comment concerning the transmission but considering that I used to drive a Ridgeline that got 18mpg and I'm getting 24-26 out of my Renegade and I am heavy footed, that's how it's meant to be driven, I think your numbers might be off. As far as the gas tank is concerned, it's not a big vehicle at all, how big of a tank did you think it was going to have?

·
Registered
48 Posts
It reminds me of my 2012 Ford Focus, after the redesign and the new tranny and it's Euro-influence, I found that it was meant to be driven a bit more aggressively. I drive my Renny more like a sports car than an SUV and it performs well for me. I've owned quite a few cars in the last 10 years and coming from a 1 series BMW, I found that the Renegade was the only small SUV that was as much fun to drive as my Beemer and a much better price tag than an X3. If people wanted it to drive like an Explorer or old Bronco then that's what they should've bought.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
"that's how it's meant to be driven, I think your numbers might be off. As far as the gas tank is concerned, it's not a big vehicle at all, how big of a tank did you think it was going to have?"

My foot is always on the gas. Always. Going up a hill or down, pulling out of my driveway or on the highway, or driving on flat straightaway 30-40 mpg normal average street. This would be why I average 12-14 mpg, I've only once seen 15mpg. Don't tell me it's my fault, that I don't understand how to drive it, or a mistake, or that my numbers "might be off." Don't tell me "it's normal" the nature of the beast. Don't tell me that it is between me and my dealer-yup I know this, they know this, and they have been wonderful. I am not interested in getting to the bottom of this issue, I could care less. This is my first and last experience with a 2.4 9 speed engine that is consistently inconsistent among vehicles. Yet the Jeep experts engineers love it and throw it in the Renegade, the Cherokee, and now the new beautiful looking Compass. I'll pass.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My point is that the issues go FAR BEYOND the tranny. This is a fact - no matter how you swing it.

That's why we complain.

There will be fanboys wherever you go and that's understandable...

..but there's a difference between being a fanboy and playing the people who have issues down like they're just doing it wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
FCA offered me a replacement, which I declined. I told Stericycle to tell them I want a buy back.

If they decline, I will be trading it in or selling it.

It's a shame because I really liked it. I just can't like it anymore with all its problems.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As for the 9 speed tranny, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and never again.

Blows my mind how people are driving the Renegade with this tranny and are OK with the way it performs.

To each their own I guess!
Must be a different beast in the diesel but I think the 9 speed is great. Admittedly I normally drive a manual.

·
Registered
520 Posts
FCA offered me a replacement, which I declined. I told Stericycle to tell them I want a buy back.

If they decline, I will be trading it in or selling it.

It's a shame because I really liked it. I just can't like it anymore with all its problems.

You will lose big if you don't take a replacement, but if you really think that you are going to have all the same problems in a replacement Renegade then go for it. I think it comes down to the fact that you just don't like the 9 speed and would only take it if it was free which will never happen. I have absolutely no sympathy for people that have the 9 speed complaint. That's why you test drive the crap out of the vehicle before you throw down your money. I am really satisfied with my Trailhawk, I did my research, I test drove it, so I knew the pros and cons and it met what I was looking for. You have made up your mind, probably have your eye on something else already and if you can take the hit in your pocket then go for it. Life is to short. But don't expect all of us that are happy, to jump on the same band wagon.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have absolutely no sympathy for people that have the 9 speed complaint. That's why you test drive the crap out of the vehicle before you throw down your money. I am really satisfied with my Trailhawk, I did my research, I test drove it, so I knew the pros and cons and it met what I was looking for
A couple of things.
I have had the 9spd in 2 vehicles my first was a KL TH that was bought back.
Your comment on the test drive wasn't/applicable to some people and I am one of them.
Some background on the 9spd FCA has had some major issues with them in the past. They released an update for the 9spd which many vehicles my KL was one of them had it applied without my consent and completely ruined the vehicle. So my vehicle drove like nothing anything on a dealer lot after that. Nor was demo at that time a good representation of what was to be expected.
I opted for a BU after mine was bought back and the trans is significantly better than the KL. It still has some issues but overall very minor and FCA treated me great throughout the process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Too ordinary for my taste. Other than grill, there is nothing jeep specific. Aggressive non-circular lights like many others, also side view like most others (Toyota RAV,Nissan Xtrail,Hyundai Tucson,...). Looks like someone sat down on the car. From behind very similar to Kia or VW Tiguan. Made for the taste of the majority, which to me is not characteristic of the jeep owner, completely not-renegade-ish.
My 2 cents.
Couldn't agree more!

Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 81 Posts