Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my window sticker my trailhawk should have an A/T tires, but it seems the goodyear wrangler sr-a are all season/highway tires. Anybody noticed it?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Some people have been getting tires replaced. I am not sure how they do it, but i put a complaint in with customer service. They say they are investigating the matter. Please let us know the process of having this fixed, if someone has been able to do it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This the response I got from jeep care:

UPDATE ON MY JEEP OPEN CASE REGARDING A/T TIRES:

Went to my dealer with all the ammo I got, my service adviser was surprised and agreed that the wrangler sr-a is not an A/T tires. When he called Jeep Care with my case number he was told that the person I spoke to made a mistake on their part and won't be able to approve my case. My service adviser as a true New Yorker reasoned with the Jeep Care Rep and took my side and was also proving that according to the Goodyear website that the wrangler sr-a is not an on/off road tires. He was transferred to a supervisor and was told that they cannot make a full blown escalation since its above their pay grade and this has to be on a case to case basis and the dealer should contact their Chrysler Rep regarding this case. ��

I should also add that they are saying that according to my build sheet that I do have an "on/off road tires" but no mention of what kind of tires.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Please just stop.

This is not a secret, since WELL before day one, the trailhawk AT tire has been stated as the wrangler SR-A. Most outlets sold them as an ATS tire. They are probably the least AT of ATS tires, but that is what it is. There has been no bait and switch, nor has there been deception. You got the tires that were specified since day one of the renegade trailhawk's inception.

What might be the case is that if you went and looked at say tirerack a month ago, the sr-a came up as on-off road all terrain. Now it doesn't, so perhaps goodyear reclassified it. Discount tire direct still lists it as an on-off road all season tire.. so essentially an ATS.

The folks with the falken wildpeaks I feel a bit more for. IT was supposed to be a made for renegade ATS. What wound up on some of them is a pretty cheesy touring tire effectively.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Please just stop.

This is not a secret, since WELL before day one, the trailhawk AT tire has been stated as the wrangler SR-A. Most outlets sold them as an ATS tire. They are probably the least AT of ATS tires, but that is what it is. There has been no bait and switch, nor has there been deception. You got the tires that were specified since day one of the renegade trailhawk's inception.

What might be the case is that if you went and looked at say tirerack a month ago, the sr-a came up as on-off road all terrain. Now it doesn't, so perhaps goodyear reclassified it. Discount tire direct still lists it as an on-off road all season tire.. so essentially an ATS.

The folks with the falken wildpeaks I feel a bit more for. IT was supposed to be a made for renegade ATS. What wound up on some of them is a pretty cheesy touring tire effectively.

Your wrong on this. The Wrangler SR-A is not, nor has it ever been an All Terrain tire. Saying it is "essentially" an ATS does not make it so.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Your wrong on this. The Wrangler SR-A is not, nor has it ever been an All Terrain tire. Saying it is "essentially" an ATS does not make it so.
Yes, and being a jerk about it to the dealer when that is what has come on the car form day one, and has been stated as to the specified tire since BEFORE day one, is not sticking up for what you are owed, it's being a jerk and trying to get something for free.

If the tire was a deal breaker, then don't buy the car. This is WAY different than a dealer swapping out the tires for something cheap and reselling them, which happens with some cars, and should be put right. It's also different than had the factory put on the EU market tire, or a limited/lattitude tire by mistake.

It's not even they promised me an AT tire. Every bit of marketing material says the sr-a is the tire it will come with. Someone entered the short desc on the invoice to say AT tire.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes, and being a jerk about it to the dealer when that is what has come on the car form day one, and has been stated as to the specified tire since BEFORE day one, is not sticking up for what you are owed, it's being a jerk and trying to get something for free.

If the tire was a deal breaker, then don't buy the car. This is WAY different than a dealer swapping out the tires for something cheap and reselling them, which happens with some cars, and should be put right. It's also different than had the factory put on the EU market tire, or a limited/lattitude tire by mistake.

It's not even they promised me an AT tire. Every bit of marketing material says the sr-a is the tire it will come with. Someone entered the short desc on the invoice to say AT tire.

Go work for Chrysler, if you don't already. This is 2016, most people do their research online comparing features and specs before choosing a vehicle. Getting down on your knees and studying what the tire really is stamped, is just not going to happen on average. Consumer has a right to file a complaint when something is not sold as advertised.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please just stop.

Where does it show on the window sticker and my build sheet that its a wrangler sr-a? I got all the documents to prove it, you're just being an ass. I'm outta here.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Go work for Chrysler, if you don't already. This is 2016, most people do their research online comparing features and specs before choosing a vehicle. Getting down on your knees and studying what the tire really is stamped, is just not going to happen on average. Consumer has a right to file a complaint when something is not sold as advertised.

Yeah except the rs-a is what was advertised.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts

Tell me, what tire do you think you were supposed to get?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have no idea until someone pointed out that the window sticker on his Trail Hawk says All Terrain Tires. I looked at mine as well, says AT Tires. The Wrangler SR-A is an Highway All Season, not AT (All Terrain). So to me the dude has a point. I think it is a valid argument for those who wish to pursue it. So if, your window sticker was spec'ed out as having a GPS viewable screen of 7.5 inches but after purchased when measured it was only viewable of 5 inches, then you would also have a valued argument. To then for Chrysler to say, its not what is written but what we really meant that counts is not defensible argument.

·
Super Moderator
4,686 Posts
That is the same tire that comes on a X or a sport wrangler and the sticker said they are on/off road tires. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
519 Posts
All I am saying is for those that noticed and care they do have a point and a right to file a complaint. Some people have been successful in getting the street wranglers replaced with All terrain tires under warranty. You guys crack me up. If you got home and it said on your car description window sticker that your vehicle came with GPS and there was only a radio, you would do nothing? lol yeah right. I guess it is the point of when some people care and when you don't care. Everyone has a line.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
No its the point that it says 1000 places that it comes with the rs-a, and one place it doesn't.

So once again, what a/t tire should be on there that is OEM size? What was the bait and switch?

·
Registered
519 Posts
No its the point that it says 1000 places that it comes with the rs-a, and one place it doesn't.

So once again, what a/t tire should be on there that is OEM size? What was the bait and switch?

The point is... its not an issue with you but for some it is. I might mention it at my dealership, just to mess with them and see what they will do. >:D

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
846 Posts
Maybe Goodyear has changed the SR-A. Attached is photo showing the current model (as shown on Tirerack) compared to a photo I just took of my 2015 TH's SR-A.
I can't seem to find an image on-line that looks like mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Maybe Goodyear has changed the SR-A. Attached is photo showing the current model (as shown on Tirerack) compared to a photo I just took of my 2015 TH's SR-A.
I can't seem to find an image on-line that looks like mine.
GY has kept the SRA tread the same for many years now. They come stock on many a F150 over the years, usually the FX4 and many many non 4x4 trucks. Why they were ever listed an Allterrain is beyond me, but to the folks getting tires out of their dealer or whoever more power to them.

When I bought, I know what it was going to have, and working in the tire industry, I knew I was replacing as soon as $ was right. I had my Yokohama ATSs already ordered and sitting in my warehouse. So I could have cared less, but to those who complain enough, they may get some $ out of Jeep. And kudos to them. I just don't get how Jeep just flips a switch and *poof* no longer says all terrain tire on the build sheets

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.