Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New member here with a question. My rear defrost turns on automatically with remote start, great but I'd like the front defrost to do the same. So far, winter has been mild but it's going to be a necessity soon. It's a 2018. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The rear defroster will turn on automatically when the temp gets below 40°F or so. With using the remote start just leave the fan motor in an on position and rotate the air selector to the front windshield. When using the remote start the air will then be directed to the windshield.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. The rear defroster will turn on automatically when the temp gets below 40°F or so. With using the remote start just leave the fan motor in an on position and rotate the air selector to the front windshield. When using the remote start the air will then be directed to the windshield.
Thanks! Will try that. Simply pushing the "front" button didn't work, it shut off when I shut the car off and didn't turn on with remote start like the rear one does.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The rear defroster will turn on automatically when the temp gets below 40°F (thats around 5 degress Centigrade (y))or so. Leave the fan motor in an on position and rotate the air selector to the front windshield. The air will then be directed to the windshield.
Hmm interesting indeed but having never tried this in the manual Renegade it gives me a little puzzle for later.

TY Dgr :D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts