Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone -

Recently purchased one of the bullet antennas from Alpha Defense Gear - I thought the black cartridge with the red tip would look sharp on my Trailhawk. The connectors that came in the package are either too wide for the antenna mount or they are so long that the antenna does not sit flush with the mount, leaving about a 1/4"+ gap.

It looks like the connector that goes on the new Wranglers may be the correct length, but not sure on the width.

Also, with these antennas being made of aluminum, how will they do going thru a car wash? - they obviously don't flex; so I'm guessing probably not a good idea to bring it through a cloth wash.

When it's all said and done I'll probably just order one of the CravenSpeed stubby antennas.

Thx.

Bill

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Trailhawk and carwash don't mix in my world. In reality, car washes don't enter my car world neve mind "trucklets" like the TH :p

I would rather see bush scratches on a Trailhawk than swirls from the carwash.

"Trucklets" I seen that earlier on a Jeep website to describe the Renegade whilst searching for bonnet stoppers. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Everyone -

Recently purchased one of the bullet antennas from Alpha Defense Gear - I thought the black cartridge with the red tip would look sharp on my Trailhawk. The connectors that came in the package are either too wide for the antenna mount or they are so long that the antenna does not sit flush with the mount, leaving about a 1/4"+ gap.

It looks like the connector that goes on the new Wranglers may be the correct length, but not sure on the width.

Also, with these antennas being made of aluminum, how will they do going thru a car wash? - they obviously don't flex; so I'm guessing probably not a good idea to bring it through a cloth wash.

When it's all said and done I'll probably just order one of the CravenSpeed stubby antennas.

Thx.

Bill
I wanted a smaller antenna also. I went with the Craven Speed Stubby. The problem is that my antenna had a oval base and the antenna that Craven Speed had for the Renegades has a round base. (I guess some of the Renegade's have round some have Oval). Anyways I found that the Craven speed antenna has a oval base for the Fiat 500. That's what I got and it worked great. Fit perfect and no problems in car wash. Check your base to see if it's round or oval. Here the description for the oval on Amazon:
CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Replacement for the Fiat 500 (Black) 2011-2019 | 2.8 inches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts