Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for an alternative to the factory jack and was having difficulty because most scissor jacks' maximum height is 13-14" and I know the factory jack is over 17". I finally found this one:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Roc-Leveling-Stabilizing-RustProof--Standard/dp/B019RK722C/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1457383038&sr=1-1&keywords=dr.roc[/ame]

2 ton jack with a maximum jacking height of 17.3" Tried it out today and it works great. I know with the factory jack, part of the top goes in front of the lip and part goes behind it. With this jack, you can't do that so I just put it behind the lip. The top of the jack swivels and is rectangular in shape. I put it so the longer part was facing front to rear just behind the lip. It lifted the tire with room to spare.

Amazon was selling the jack separately when I bought it for a little over $30, but now I could only find it with the lug wrench included.

· Registered
98 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, we need at least 17" even for the Sport. My floor jack that works on my XJ lifts my BU just short of an inch from being BU to get the wheel off. Very good find.

· Registered
19 Posts
Just search online for scrap/junk yards selling the factory jack.

I found a brand new looking one for $40 bucks last year from a wreck yard.

I find you cant trust hyrdaulic in the trunk. What do you do when you get a flat and then find out the seal went on the jack and you cant change it.
Amazon had screw jacks but cant remember why I didnt go for that, maybe it didnt go high enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.