Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed an antenna mount and antenna. I figured out how to do it without any damage and in such a way that it is easily removable. I have figured out how to mount the radio body under the seat. The head of the Yeasu 8800 will be under the existing radio.

Does anyone know if there is 12 volts at 5 amps that I could pull from the connectors under the seat (for power for the radio). If not, does anyone know of a path I could use to run a fused connection directly to the battery? I am working on creating a path, but if anyone knows of one, I'd appreciate guidance.

When I am done I'll proved pics of the installation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You could check if one of the lines from that are wired to the front seats are not used. Is one of the two fuse boxes in the truck, fuses from F4 to F8.
Or You could installa new wire from the power source in the trunk (fuse F18).

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of the antenna mount and where you bring in the lead in cable.

For the power, I'd run a separate wire right from the 12 V outlet (spliced behind the console so you don't see the wire and fish it under the carpet).

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
interested in pics.

There are several grommets to route through, the power block mounted to the positive terminal gives you plenty of attachment possibilities for a diet route wire.

I've searched but can't find it, someone posted their installation of some off road lighting, and routed the switch to the interior. It had a number of pics.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went full cheap seat on my install...

Just got a mag mount and use an HT/Mic on the front seat - not fancy, but it works for my needs....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.