Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a case (6 1qt bottles) of Amazon Basics Euro Spec 5w-40 full synthetic for my next oil change. Only ran me $30, plus the Mopar filter. Haven't gotten to do a change yet, but I've heard good things about Amazon's products and don't have any reason to believe it won't work just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've seen several youtube reviews on that oil too, and am looking to use it on my next oil change as well. The 0w20 version for the 2.4L, that is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
just to let you know. These engines especially those that use high pressure oil like multi-air will benefit greatly with Stiction Eliminator made by Hotshot secret.

I use it and I can tell the difference. The engine revs smoother and the multiair is a little bit quieter. When you use this product you will protect all the high pressure components of the engine. You don't need to use a lot. Just maybe 8oz when you change your oil. Check the recommendation.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,382 Posts
Never yet been burned by an Amazon Basics product.
If it meets/exceeds all the ACEA and FPT specs why not?
Would be interesting to find out who Amazon are sourcing their oil from.

I've always used quality/the recommended (to FCA spec) oil on all my Alfas, a Fiat and this Jeep.
Never needed to use an expensive oil additive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've always used quality/the recommended (to FCA spec) oil on all my Alfas, a Fiat and this Jeep.
Agreed. The shop I work in, we see MANY vehicles with well over 200,000 or even 300,000 miles on them. Most important thing you can do is take care of it, maintenance/oil changes. We never add additives when doing oil changes.

I've seen Fiats (Multiair) with well over 100,000 miles and still run like a top. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
Never yet been burned by an Amazon Basics product.
If it meets/exceeds all the ACEA and FPT specs why not?
Would be interesting to find out who Amazon are sourcing their oil from.

Warren, based on the label on the back of the bottle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts