Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the window sticker, and online, a standard feature of the Renegade is ambient LED interior lighting. To me, that says at least some footwell or above console lighting (thinking or previous vehicles I've owned). That said, I cannot for the life of me figure out what/where this is. Any ideas? Also, to the right of the headlight switch, there are 2 dials... one adjusts the screen brightness (the far right dial), but the one of the left doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone confirm what the left dial is for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw a vid that a dealer posted on YouTube (called 'Renegade at night' or something)and it showed a little light in the console in front of the rear view mirror that shines down on the center console - and there's other lighting on the cup holders and the USB plug.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I saw a vid that a dealer posted on YouTube (called 'Renegade at night' or something)and it showed a little light in the console in front of the rear view mirror that shines down on the center console - and there's other lighting on the cup holders and the USB plug.
So that light above the console, between the 2 map lights... I was looking up there and I figured that had to be the LED that shined down onto the console. That does not emit light on mine. Do your cupholders light up? I figured mine would from that white/grey ring that's in there, but nothing there either :(

**Edit** Just found that video on YouTube and my cupholders nor that little light above the console work. I've fiddled with that ambient light dial that he pointed out too and nothing comes on :( Ugh, car only has 26 miles on it...

·
Registered
128 Posts
So that light above the console, between the 2 map lights... I was looking up there and I figured that had to be the LED that shined down onto the console. That does not emit light on mine. Do your cupholders light up? I figured mine would from that white/grey ring that's in there, but nothing there either :(

**Edit** Just found that video on YouTube and my cupholders nor that little light above the console work. I've fiddled with that ambient light dial that he pointed out too and nothing comes on :( Ugh, car only has 26 miles on it...
Which trim do you have?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I have a trail hawk and the lighting is in th door handle and cup holders. Controlled by the adjustable next to screen lighting control
The cupholder lights illuminate the footwell area. In my Challenger, the footwell ambient lighting is actually in the footwell.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm not quite sure how, but I was able to get the ambient lights to work. Kept fiddling with the dimmer knob that controls them and eventually they came on. One above the console, cup holders and one in each door pocket. I'm perplexed as I did the exact same thing as last night. Oh well, I'm happy!

·
Registered
953 Posts
This sounds awfully complicated for some ambient interior lighting. Perhaps if some people put up some pictures of where they are seeing the ambient lighting then we can get a better idea of what is going on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This sounds awfully complicated for some ambient interior lighting. Perhaps if some people put up some pictures of where they are seeing the ambient lighting then we can get a better idea of what is going on.
Dial, with steering wheel for context.

Ambient lighting is between headlight switch and instrument cluster brightness.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Handle and then subsequent picture of the underside of the top of the handle well. There is a strip that houses an led.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cup holder (please excused its already well-loved appearance...my wife and I took a road trip this weekend and there was a rootbeer float incident.). The white ring between the black rubber and the red bezel is an led strip.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting frustrated now... I just went out to the garage to try to snap come pics of the ambient light spots illuminated... they aren't working again. Garage is pitch black and it doesn't matter if I have the headlight knob in auto, on, or parking lights on, the dimmer switch for the ambient lighting does nothing. Very annoyed that I have an issue on a $30k car with 40 miles on it... albeit a trivial issue, but an issue nonetheless.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps the ignition needs to be on?
I've literally tried every combination of everything I can think of. Ignition on, ignition off, dials in every position, foot on the brake, foot off the brake, door open, running backwards during a lunar eclipse on February 29th :p I'm baffled and I guess will have to take it back to the dealer if I can't figure it out over the next few days.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Perhaps the ignition needs to be on?
I've literally tried every combination of everything I can think of. Ignition on, ignition off, dials in every position, foot on the brake, foot off the brake, door open, running backwards during a lunar eclipse on February 29th
I'm baffled and I guess will have to take it back to the dealer if I can't figure it out over the next few days.
Try parking brake off maybe?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The owner's manual does not mention the adjustment dial for the ambient lighting. It doesn't mention it in the owner's manual in my 2015 Challenger either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try parking brake off maybe?
That's the one thing I didn't try, but it wasn't engaged earlier in the day when they were working. I'm going to fool around with it over the weekend, and if I can't figure it out by then, I'll take it back to the dealer next week. I suspect the dimmer dial/switch that controls them may be faulty.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts