1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know Seicane makes one that seems pretty popular over on the Wrangler forums, so it's probably a decent headunit. However, with the JK Wranglers, most of the options that are buried in our Renegade UConnect (horn on lock, unlock driver vs. all four, etc.) are in the EVIC that displays in the driver cluster. I'd want to make sure that this would still let you adjust all those options that are controlled by the existing headunit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
in the RAM world, it is a 50/50 shot of it working properly. Alot of harnesses and support takes time as they are overseas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an android installed, good and bad -
Good is it's android, so its basically a 9 inch tablet with all its functions, nav, wifi, bluetooth, watch movies, android apps and ect...
Bad is you lose some functions in which the OEM headunit controlled as others have said. I have steering wheel functions, retained stock back cam which was a plus. I have the beats amp syatem so I lost fading as its controlled by the oem unit, not a big deal as I gained rca outputs that I will run to a jlaudio amp. The unit was almost plug and play as I had to work with their tech team to get right harness and canbus. The unit looks very nice and fits just like oem, but mine is not from seicane but I did get from eBay. I am happy with my unit regardless of the fluffy functions I lost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an android installed, good and bad -
Good is it's android, so its basically a 9 inch tablet with all its functions, nav, wifi, bluetooth, watch movies, android apps and ect...
Bad is you lose some functions in which the OEM headunit controlled as others have said. I have steering wheel functions, retained stock back cam which was a plus. I have the beats amp syatem so I lost fading as its controlled by the oem unit, not a big deal as I gained rca outputs that I will run to a jlaudio amp. The unit was almost plug and play as I had to work with their tech team to get right harness and canbus. L The unit looks very nice and fits just like oem, but mine is not from seicane but I did get from eBay. I am happy with my unit regardless of the fluffy functions I lost.
Can you advise which brand/model you got on eBay and was it specifically for a Jeep Renegade 2017?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the one I got, customer service is spot on in terms of getting answers and tech support mind you they are 14 hours ahead. The pics in the auction are actually my photos of moving the unit up to clear the plastic piece under oem radio and the in dash pic. Yes I have 2016 Renegade DOJ version with beats audio, if you have non amp version it will be less of a headache and simple. With beats audio system Jeep uses NAV wiring harness regardless of what head unit so it was throwing them off. I actually sent them pics of the oem harness and made a pin out graph. New harness and can bus arrived in like 4 days after that and everything was good to go..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152848796922

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello, and what was the solution ? to get sound with the beats audio system, do you still have your pin wire diagramm ? or can you show us the harness ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I to purchased this type of system...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-JEEP-Renegade-2016-Car-Radio-Stereo-Android-8-1-GPS-Navigator-Octa-Core/372392752352?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649
:crying:After almost 4 weeks of emails,bad English,requests to call China,no installation manual[was told to have "professional" install I sent it back and got a refund under eBays policy
Theirs had so many cables that I did not need as my uConnect 3 only had 5 connected[see attached picture}
Also for some reason I could not get the new one to fit in the dash:(

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I to purchased this type of system...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-JEEP-Renegade-2016-Car-Radio-Stereo-Android-8-1-GPS-Navigator-Octa-Core/372392752352?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649
:crying:After almost 4 weeks of emails,bad English,requests to call China,no installation manual[was told to have "professional" install I sent it back and got a refund under eBays policy
Theirs had so many cables that I did not need as my uConnect 3 only had 5 connected[see attached picture}
Also for some reason I could not get the new one to fit in the dash:(
as i can see you dont have factory amplifier, so its easy to install, and you get sound, what is your problem ???? for you its so easy to install
i have a factory amp, and i only have sound to the right side and the sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts