Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really like the angry look on the Wranglers.
I was all happy that I finally found this grill for the Renny (attachment)

Looks just as bad-ass. Even the wife likes it.

But the more I think about it, and how 'unique' it will look, the more I start to like the kind of goofy timeless look the Renegade has right now. It like I'm trying to put a Batman mask on my car to make it look cooler.

Just wondering what you guys think about this. Just for wranglers or definaly also something for a renegade..?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I think the batman mask analogy is apt. I too will say it's not for me.

It also appears to need the carbon fiber hood. I'm guessing this is a fair amount of work and cash to get a different face to the renegade, so if you don't love it, you probably should pass on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So, I really like the angry look on the Wranglers.
I was all happy that I finally found this grill for the Renny (attachment)

Looks just as bad-ass. Even the wife likes it.

But the more I think about it, and how 'unique' it will look, the more I start to like the kind of goofy timeless look the Renegade has right now. It like I'm trying to put a Batman mask on my car to make it look cooler.

Just wondering what you guys think about this. Just for wranglers or definaly also something for a renegade..?
Do you have a link for this grill? I have just the stick-on angry eyes like pretty much everyone else, would love something more rigid.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
To each his own. For me ? Nah. Jeeps are supposed to have round headlights, remember the anger when the Wrangler YJ was released ? And the anger continued until they went back to round headlights ? (now I'm really showing my age. I wonder how many went "Wrangler YJ ? What ?" And hit up Google..)

I guess I'm too old to have my vehicle look like an Angry Birds video game character... True, you still have round headlights, but....

Like I said, to each his own. If you like it, that's all that really matters.

·
Banned
53 Posts
To each his own. For me ? Nah. Jeeps are supposed to have round headlights, remember the anger when the Wrangler YJ was released ? And the anger continued until they went back to round headlights ? (now I'm really showing my age. I wonder how many went "Wrangler YJ ? What ?" And hit up Google..)

I guess I'm too old to have my vehicle look like an Angry Birds video game character... True, you still have round headlights, but....

I had a YJ. Liked it better then those sleepy eyes people stick on their Jeeps nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I had a YJ. Liked it better then those sleepy eyes people stick on their Jeeps nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't mind them at all. My buddy bought a YJ, he said the best part was the ability to get a headlight damn near anywhere. This was when nearly all vehicles had rectangular headlights.

The hard core Jeepers and most Jeep publications had a field day deriding the grill change.

The only time I jumped on the bandwagon was when Jeep introduced a 2-wheel drive only Wrangler. That, to me, was blaspheme. Yes, most all Wranglers are grocery-getters and rarely see off-road, tricked out to look bad ass (lifted, huge tires, 14 off-road lights, safari rack, etc.) but will never be bad ass (too much $$ spent to dent and bend it off-road), but don't castrate one !!

·
Registered
124 Posts

I really agree with you about the jeeps are supposed to have just the round headlights.
But.... I really wanted to add Halo lights around the headlights so I bought the OPT7 LED switchback strip, glued it on my headlights and noticed the end pieces show on the top so I bought the angry eyes only to cover the imperfections of the led strip. Overall the halos make my jeep look so much better. I just wish the angry eyes were at least matte. It would have been too much work to take apart the whole grill and headlight just to install led strips inside the headlights. Just a little bit of gorilla glue on the outside and they don't come off. The halos only turn orange when the turn signal or hazards are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really agree with you about the jeeps are supposed to have just the round headlights.
But.... I really wanted to add Halo lights around the headlights so I bought the OPT7 LED switchback strip, glued it on my headlights and noticed the end pieces show on the top so I bought the angry eyes only to cover the imperfections of the led strip. Overall the halos make my jeep look so much better. I just wish the angry eyes were at least matte. It would have been too much work to take apart the whole grill and headlight just to install led strips inside the headlights. Just a little bit of gorilla glue on the outside and they don't come off. The halos only turn orange when the turn signal or hazards are on.
Ooo that looks like a neat job, nicely done!

Thanks for you opinions :) And sorry for not posting the link yet, but I see someone else has already posted it, I found the same one on Ali.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My only real problem with it is that it has an extra bar in the grill. Jeeps are known for having exactly 7 bars. It’s almost disrespectful to the brand. Maybe they would have issues with the 7 bars because of trademarks or whatever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My only real problem with it is that it has an extra bar in the grill. Jeeps are known for having exactly 7 bars. It’s almost disrespectful to the brand. Maybe they would have issues with the 7 bars because of trademarks or whatever.
I think the trademark is 7 slots, and it does have that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Only REAL JEEPS have 9 slots. The Bantam, Willy's MB and Ford GPW had 9 slots (reference my ink in my avatar), the Original "Jeep". When they started making Civilian Jeeps, aka, CJ's, they went to the 7 slot.

Class dismissed, there will be a test on Friday. And remember, if a friend offers you drugs; they're not your friend, Just Say No.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.