Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The anodized paint that comes on the trim pieces surrounding the speakers and air vents is very nice, and I would like to try to match it to paint some other things like that, like some aftermarket things I will be getting. Does anyone know how Jeep is painting them like that? Does anyone have any experience painting things an anodized color? Would it be hard to match the paint color? Thanks.

· Registered
109 Posts
So for some reason I thought that with the black cloth interior came with silver trim pieces but apparently it's like a really weird (IMO) faded gold color and it's throwing me off!!

I'll definitely be looking into trying to have them switched to silver or something else (gloss black might look really good)

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's just like Nate said. The interior with the limited is this deep bronzey gold that is just terrible. And even for the Trailhawk, I feel like the Red inside will just get annoying and feel over-the-top and kind of teenagerish. I really would like a sort of anodized silver, similar to the Renegade Hard Steel concept.

· Registered
402 Posts
I know that at some point Jeep will be offering the trim pieces in different colors for the aftermarket. As far as I know no one has a replacement yet.

You should be able to pop them out with a trim tool and spray paint them.

Scott

· Registered
1,444 Posts
I know that at some point Jeep will be offering the trim pieces in different colors for the aftermarket. As far as I know no one has a replacement yet.

You should be able to pop them out with a trim tool and spray paint them.

Scott
Wrapping them will be a good idea for those that have the patience to wrap and those that want something easy to remove for when that time comes.

Buying interior pry tools might be a good 'investment'

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wrapping them will be a good idea for those that have the patience to wrap and those that want something easy to remove for when that time comes.

Buying interior pry tools might be a good 'investment'
Pry tools are one the best investments for us Jeep DIYers! And I agree about the wrap! I've been looking at some 3M wraps that are actually pretty cheap but nice. I think I'll end up going that route if I am just utterly unhappy with the interior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.