Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've never owned a Jeep, but I have owned some decent off-roaders including an Xterra and International Scout. I have always been a fan though.

Recently started a van pool to work so mileage isn't as big an issue for me as it used to be (102 miles/day for work). So I am really looking forward to more information on the Renegade. It appears it is going to be closest to my ideal price point for the TrailHawk (otherwise I'd pick up an Unlimited Rubicon X!!!).

I look forward to learning more about the Renegade with all of you.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum.

Are you anticipating that the Renegade will be a good off-roader, able to keep up with your other off-road vehicles, or are you thinking that the Renegade will be something other than an off-road machine?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Are you anticipating that the Renegade will be a good off-roader, able to keep up with your other off-road vehicles, or are you thinking that the Renegade will be something other than an off-road machine?
IMO that depends on what range of off-road vehicles. I think it will be best to keep it within it's segment although it's possible that we could see it competing with higher segments, but im not too sure about that.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I honestly am not sure that it will keep up with either of my old off roaders. I do believe it will handle everything I am interested doing nowadays. I would mostly be taking down trails I wouldn't be comfortable taking a Tucson or Escape down, and the winters get pretty bad around here. I am hoping to see it handle the Chelsea proving grounds as the Patriot or Compass did (and much better).

The Xterra and Scout I had were quite good off road but a bit rough around the edges as far as normal driving goes. I hope the Renegade can strike a good balance between the two.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I honestly am not sure that it will keep up with either of my old off roaders. I do believe it will handle everything I am interested doing nowadays. I would mostly be taking down trails I wouldn't be comfortable taking a Tucson or Escape down, and the winters get pretty bad around here. I am hoping to see it handle the Chelsea proving grounds as the Patriot or Compass did (and much better).

The Xterra and Scout I had were quite good off road but a bit rough around the edges as far as normal driving goes. I hope the Renegade can strike a good balance between the two.
Yes - I am very curious to see how it does in testing. I want to understand more about the new 4x4 system. I don't plan to do major off-roading either. But maybe I'll be satisfied if it clears all the "raised structures" in the construction zones.;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I think its just a matter of time till we develop cases to study on here. When the Rene is out up to the teast I am sure we can see what it can and cannot handle but whos first thats the question...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.