Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone......

Just wanted to hop in and introduce myself. Everyone calls me Scans......this is also my first jeep. I've been a huge subaru guy, lots of mod'n my cars, track'n them, auto-X! I've had a lot of small fast fun cars, needed something more practical as I'm a hockey goalie (need space for gear) and have 2 kids 3 and 7 years old.

I was in a 2005 Mini cooper S that was heavily mod'd so it's a big change for me. Before that I had a Subaru Legacy, Subaru Legacy Spec B, Homemade STi Forester, GTi.......

The first thing I'm gonna be out for is finding out how I can get 30-50 more HP outta this thing.....don't need a ton, just a little bit more for highway merge'n and such - as with all power mods, gotta make sure the shoes and brakes are up to par and can handle it so I gotta research that.

Anyway - I'm rambling - I'll see you around.

Proud owner of a Black on black Limited (had a trailhawk for 4 days though - remind me to tell you that story LOL)

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Scans!
That's cool - I play goalie also. Inline hockey though. Haven't played in a few years but would love to get back to it.

I'm curious about your Trailhawk story but also kinda afraid to ask haha.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello Everyone......
The first thing I'm gonna be out for is finding out how I can get 30-50 more HP outta this thing.....don't need a ton, just a little bit more for highway merge'n and such - as with all power mods, gotta make sure the shoes and brakes are up to par and can handle it so I gotta research that.
Please share when you get that figured out, as I wouldn't mind dong the same, just would have no idea what I'm doing LOL. Congrats on your Rene!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure things guys! It's pretty new but through the fiat community I'm sure we can learn a few tricks to share!

As for the Trailhawk Cliffs notes: it was idling improperly (took video as they didn't believe me a few times), was told it was software (I called BS), they updated it, it stalled out a few times after, didn't feel safe with it. Made them reverse my deal and got me into a limited - the only feature it doesn't have is the sky pannels which I wanted - but oh well. I do miss the lower end torque which was my main attraction to it. But for all the limited features I'm now in love with it was so worth it.

The Limited hasn't had one issue. I already read the big thread about don't buy a Rene - Id' be curious to see the makes and models of all the ones having issues. I'd be curios if it was only the trailhawks having the issue. Anyway - I love data, the only way to make educated decisions ;)

Buying first gen i s always a risk, one well worth taking in my personal case! Can't wait to read up on all the goodies!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sure things guys! It's pretty new but through the fiat community I'm sure we can learn a few tricks to share!

As for the Trailhawk Cliffs notes: it was idling improperly (took video as they didn't believe me a few times), was told it was software (I called BS), they updated it, it stalled out a few times after, didn't feel safe with it. Made them reverse my deal and got me into a limited - the only feature it doesn't have is the sky pannels which I wanted - but oh well. I do miss the lower end torque which was my main attraction to it. But for all the limited features I'm now in love with it was so worth it.

The Limited hasn't had one issue. I already read the big thread about don't buy a Rene - Id' be curious to see the makes and models of all the ones having issues. I'd be curios if it was only the trailhawks having the issue. Anyway - I love data, the only way to make educated decisions ;)

Buying first gen i s always a risk, one well worth taking in my personal case! Can't wait to read up on all the goodies!!
Hey man welcome to the show and congrats. Glad they took care of you after all was said and done. You got any specific plans for the girl? I know you said 30-50 more ponies, you have a method in mind yet??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man welcome to the show and congrats. Glad they took care of you after all was said and done. You got any specific plans for the girl? I know you said 30-50 more ponies, you have a method in mind yet??
Funny they weren't going to - then as I was leaving after the last flight my sales guy (who was amazing through all this) ran out the door and said what's going on what are you doing - I said I guess I'm going to another Jeep dealer to see if they can fix my issue - even if I have to trade it in. Once it got to that point, something changed and all of a sudden my deal hadn't gone trough yet and they could reverse it. I think they were buying time since i bought it real late on a friday night. People def got in trouble but oh well worked out for me! I had a gut feeling after the first idle issue that something wasn't right with that trailhawk.

For mods - Not yet, just getting my feet wet - I'll eventually do some racks/lights/Tires - but that's after I figure out the ponies. Prob will tint the front windows - maybe add a sub and amp. Basic stuff outta the gate

This hasn't been updated in decades but I used to keep track of all my cars/mods back in the day at www.pimpmyauto.com - just click the pic of the car you want to check out. Again - very old haven't touched it in forever but will show my history with mod'n =) I used to help run the LegacyGT forums :nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.