Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be silly but does anyone know of a different way to unlock the back hatch door besides the actual button on the door? There have been times I have to actually exit my car in order to open the hatch for someone to load something in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cargo Hatch

Looking for answer to if anyone is aware of interior latch/button to open the hatch from within the car, but not the trunk button on the fob? Thinking I would have found it by now if there was one?
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I feel like this topic has been gone over more than a few times.

1. Unlock your doors. Make sure to tell the person opening the back door that the reverse camera is not the release button.
2. There is no release button to actually make the back pop open within the car.
3. There is a super secret button on your remote (the one that doesn't have any markings) that pops the rear door if you press hard enough (double tapping it works for me). However, I don't recall if it can be done while the vehicle is on. Definitely works when it's off.

Reactions: Jeeptriad

·
Registered
155 Posts
yes, the unmarked button on my remote will open, well, maybe "release" is a better word, the hatch. You have to press it hard enough, as there is a spacer in there. Or you can take it apart and remove the space and then it will open with normal pressure.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The hatch can be opened from the outside while I am sat in the Jeep. Where is the problem?

If I am outside the Jeep and it is locked and all I want to do is put something in or out of the boot, then I use the button the fob with the tailgate symbol as per the pic below. Press it twice to unlock. This feature is standard on all UK models of the Renegade.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes, the unmarked button on my remote will open, well, maybe "release" is a better word, the hatch. You have to press it hard enough, as there is a spacer in there. Or you can take it apart and remove the space and then it will open with normal pressure.
3. There is a super secret button on your remote (the one that doesn't have any markings) that pops the rear door if you press hard enough (double tapping it works for me). However, I don't recall if it can be done while the vehicle is on. Definitely works when it's off.
OK, so this has shaken my faith in common sense, why in the world would they have a functioning button with a disabled switch (spacer). just tested it on mine and sure enough it works. (shaking my head in disbelief)

Thanks for the tip, I will use this every time I grocery shop. It will be way easier and cleaner than trying to find the "I live on a dirt road covered in mud and sand release button"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.