Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got fed up with my aerial catching my garage door every time I came in and out. Following another thread on here, I ordered a recommended one from the USA.
The postage and customs cost more than the aerial, but upon seeing and feeling the high quality of my new aerial, I was reasonably happy.
Until, I went to fit it to the Renegade

As you can see, the new Aerial (Top) has a shorter thread than the original/genuine Jeep aerial (bottom).

Any thoughts, opinions or advice?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Deal with them.

And if your happy, let us know who, and how they treated you.

If not, I'd like to know even more. You can help save many hours of misery for your friends here.

Sorry to have to go thru that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have now emailed the supplier in the US to seek their advice.
Where did you buy it from? If you were going off my link, the antenna they sent me the first time was for the Fiat 500, a miscommunication on their side as to which one cross-referenced. They immediately sent me out a replacement and a return label to send the wrong one back. Great customer service from them once I received the correct antenna it fit great and works great as well.

These are the people that I bought mine from and the antenna that I ordered as well.
http://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna-for-jeep/

I am unsure if you use a different ariel than we do over here, but mine looks like the third one over in the pictures. The end one that they list for the Renegade was actually the wrong one for mine, it is what they sent me to begin with.

Erik

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hi. GPS antenna should be located in the base. The long or stubby mast is for AM/FM reception.

Now, I kept my long version as I am very often in the outskirts of broadcast regions. Not sure how well the stubby would catch weak signals.

Either way, cats get on the Renegade and chew on the mast. Dogs know better than to do that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm looking for a better antenna also - but I am looking for better reception - not just smaller - the stock antenna picks up "OK" - not great... for awhile I had a longer antenna on the top, but it got snagged and bent - so I am looking for a "WING" style antenna - I also have a cargo basket - so I think a wing style will keep the antenna from being hit by cargo (boards, etc I toss up into the basket). If you can imagine a boomerang with a screw or bolt thru the apex of it into the renegade's antenna mount - possibly make out of fiberglass... anyone seen anything like this? I know I have seen old antennas like this for TV in limos, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.