Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For a few months a noticed my dodge Avenger antenna was falling apart. Also, I never did like the antenna on the Renegade. So I thought it would be a good ideal to swap antennas. I bought a shark fin antenna for the Renegade. I could not fit the Renegade antenna onto the Avenger. I didn’t check ahead of time. No big deal. I wanted to replace the Renegade antenna so I’m happy. Photos below are the shark antenna on the Renegade, antenna from the Averger, and bonus photo is a big hornet relaxing on the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
4,159 Posts
Looks good and did it use the same plug?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The antenna came with two screws. All you have to do is screw the shark fin to the base and stick the fin to the Jeep. I drove the Renegade yesterday and listened to the radio. No difference in reception. I thought the two antennas from the Renegade and Avenger were interchangeable. The Jeep antenna screw is wider and did not screw in to the Dodge.

Looks good and did it use the same plug?

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Renegade Sport Upland
48 Posts
i bought the shark fin (folconroad brand linked in another thread) but the bolts that came with it doesn't match the pitch of the base after i unscrewed the antenna mast. does anyone know the correct size and pitch? it looks to me like an M6 size but the pitch of the M5 bolt... couldn't find it in my local hardware stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts