Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I drove up there from Austin. A dealer here wasn't cooperating so I just went to where the 1 I wanted was. Eddie took care of me, and Raul did all the small stuff. My 1st New car, glad they made it super easy since the local big dealer couldn't!

Welcome to the Anvil Army!!! ??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love my Anvil Renegade Trailhawk...it's been O/Ring all over Texas and has conquered everything i've put it up against so far....below are some pictures from both Marble Falls and Artesia Wells.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks! All those pictures are with the bone stock Trailhawk. I installed a Rocky Road Outfitters Front Bull Bar/Winch Mount and Front Skid Plate Combo as well as had Discount Tire mount some BFG KO2's....

Still waiting to go on is the Daystar 1.5" Lift Kit and the Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Super Sliders (thx to the wife for this awesome Bday present)

PS: Before I get a bunch of crap for it....the thick wire wrapped in red conduit is the quick-disconnect power for my portable winch...NO i do not leave that there when off-roading, YES, i realize it would get ripped off very easily...it actually tucks nicely behind the front bumper cover, simply feed it into the driver side tow hook opening. While I could have a mounted winch, I really love the versatility of a portable winch, as i can mount it to any of my 2 tow hooks, my front bull bar, my rear tow hitch, etc etc...or even lend it to another winch-less vehicle.

STOP THE WAR - Renegade 'n Wrangler Love

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some pictures of us having fun at Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Trying to post a video of the TH climbing a little hill out of the creek. I feel like it just doesn't really do it justice because it felt like we were pointed straight up in the air...but I'd still like to get it out there for other Renny owners to see. These things can do it! Don't doubt it!

PS: Though we had to avoid the big drop offs, we were able to make it all the way down and back up the hill in the first picture. Go Renegade!

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
As much as I love the Renegade, I'm going to have to take a sawzaw to the front soon. My brother has a 1997 TJ. We do pretty much the same stuff, but where the Wrangler really shines is that approach angle. You are so easily able to get the front tires to the obstacle first. Here is a nice picture to demonstrate what a boulder his Wrangler could easily clear can do to even a lifted TH.

PS: I was able to conquer this obstacle but had to take a slightly different approach to get the tire to make contact first.

PPS: This is my third (and worst) crunch like this, and you will all be happy to know that the plastic bumper cover pops back out just fine. All 3 have been fixed to where they are almost unnoticeable. About 10-12 more and I'll have my "cut-lines" for where i need to trim......j/k.....but not really....

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fresh off the boat!

My wife couldn't find what she wanted so she ordered it, everyone here likely knows these things take serious time to get here from Italy. A few months later dealer calls with good news to come get it. The Italian's put a nice note in the window for her. Wife decides the color is a little boring and misleading from the commercials. As other owners mentioned here, these things often look like other colors. In our case the anvil was a blue tint in the ad because it picked up the sky as a reflective color.

Long story short I drove this thing off the lot and headed right over to the body shop. I'll post some pics for progress.

-Jerkface

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is a pic after I cleaned Jeepetto up. Just had windows tinted and slapped Ascent 1700 Thule box on the roof.

Reactions: SS Renny
41 - 60 of 83 Posts