Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I don't think so. I thought once I pressed accept the first time that would "save" the agreement. So I checked some other forums then to see what they were saying. Everyone agrees how annoying it is but there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it. It goes away on its own within a few seconds but yeah I could live without seeing it, though at this point I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Unfortunately no. I have that message on my Challenger too. I agree that it's annoying. Maybe there is some legal-schmegal thing about the message so somebody can't sue FCA if they crash their car while "playing" with the entertainment system.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately no. I have that message on my Challenger too. I agree that it's annoying. Maybe there is some legal-schmegal thing about the message so somebody can't sue FCA if they crash their car while "playing" with the entertainment system.
Then they should take their lawyers out back and shoot them. There are plenty of cars that don't do that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Amen to that. Or, just accept that people do dumb things and it's their OWN FAULT, not the vehicle's.
I miss my LIberty's "get in and go" more and more, though I like my Renegade. Maybe when I dump Uconnect's awful software-deficient radio that will all go away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
uConnect startup screen

Sorry for the newbie question here... I have a 2016 Latitude. Every time I get in and start the car, I get a uConnect splash screen with a paragraph and an "accept" button. If I click accept or not, it will go away after a minute or two. Is there anyway to make that go away? I've accepted it 100 times, but it still comes up. Now I just ignore it, but would rather not see it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for the newbie question here... I have a 2016 Latitude. Every time I get in and start the car, I get a uConnect splash screen with a paragraph and an "accept" button. If I click accept or not, it will go away after a minute or two. Is there anyway to make that go away? I've accepted it 100 times, but it still comes up. Now I just ignore it, but would rather not see it.
You will have to do that for as long as you own the radio that is in the vehicle. or they make a "Lockpick"

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Renault have the same message with their TomTom nav, so as Jeep use TomTom, I would say that it is a TomTom thing and not FCA/Jeep, unless anybody knows otherwise?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have no nav. It's not a tom tom thing. Head unit is a harmon product, so at worst blame them. It is still incredibly stupid.
Unless it is there as a disclaimer, as no doubt some muppet will try reading/operating/farting around with it whilst driving and cause a collision? In that case the muppet in question should not be behind the wheel of a kiddies pedal car, never mind a motor vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless it is there as a disclaimer, as no doubt some muppet will try reading/operating/farting around with it whilst driving and cause a collision? In that case the muppet in question should not be behind the wheel of a kiddies pedal car, never mind a motor vehicle.

It's useless as a disclaimer. The product was either contributory by design or not. The disclaimer does not remove that liability.

The fact it delays you being able to use your rear view camera etc. likely pushes them closer to being successfully sued for a faulty design than it ever succeeded in protecting them.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
It's useless as a disclaimer. The product was either contributory by design or not. The disclaimer does not remove that liability.

The fact it delays you being able to use your rear view camera etc. likely pushes them closer to being successfully sued for a faulty design than it ever succeeded in protecting them.
Ok ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
For those of us with uConnect 5.0, MS Windows Embedded is the OS and Fiat made the decisions about capabilities and downsized processor and memory to lower costs of the 'infotainment' system. It is capable of TomTom navigation and Bing searches, if activated. Presumably, the delay to system access due to the 'alert' can be removed at any time. I am wondering if it's even there in Europe.

https://news.microsoft.com/2013/05/...ected-efficient-affordable-driving-experience
http://www.continental-corporation....eases/pr_2013_03_05_fait_infotainment_en.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.