Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased a Latitude first. I enjoyed the vehicle for a couple years, but then wound up wanting a little more. Found a comfortably priced used TrailHawk with a couple bells/whistles and traded in the Lat. The Lat was a good vehicle, but I'm definitely liking the TH.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I kind of do, so I decided to make myself a proper emblem for my latitude lol

View attachment 2396349864
I kind of do to. I like the looks and features but I don’t trust the reliability at all. Small things like push button starter button fell through and is just hanging like I hot wired the thing. Visor won’t stay up, transmission make the most god awful noise. Replaced all motor mounts due to severe vibration. Replaced the MySky sunroof motor. Headlights flicker all the time. Steering sticks when turning slightly. This is all in the first year of ownership. 2015 TH. Now has 96k but it keeps on ticking. I do love my heated seats and steering wheel. Sound system is not bad either.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was always of the mindset that a Jeep without 4 wheel drive is not a Jeep. All the Jeeps I've owned with the exception of the last two, a 2005 Jeep Liberty (bought new, still own) and my current 2017 Latitude (bought used in 2018) were 4x4's.

Reason being ? I realized that I never 4-wheeled anywhere near as much as I convinced myself I would before purchase. Those "emergency use" scenarios all us 4-wheelers convince ourselves of, never happened. If I went 'wheeling every Saturday (which never happened) that means only 52 days out of 365. But I drove to work lugging all that 4WD stuff for 260+ days a year with lower gas mileage to boot. My Latitude is my primary source of daily transportation and I average 75-100 miles a day. If I could afford a secondary "play" vehicle, then maybe a 4x4.

Do I regret not getting a Trail Hawk ? Not at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts