Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the under hood one (which by the way my dealer claims is the only one...), not the one in the back behind the cargo area side covers, but the one the manual describes as "left of the steering column, below the instrument panel". Am I blind? For the life of me I can't find it. I need to find the "P" fuses to see why my cigarette lighter outlet quit working.

·
Registered
194 Posts
High positioning of the fuse box on the interior was smart to keep it away from water as seen in that thread, never realized that or thought about the need for keeping it safer

·
Registered
72 Posts
it should be under where the headlight switch is...follow that down until your underneath, i couldn't get a good look, jeeps in the garage and space is tight to open the door but it felt like it was there, it almost felt like there is a cover over them

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it. It is buried behind all of the under dash wiring in the foot well area. I actually have to lay on the floor mat with my legs straight up over the seat back to reach it. And sorry, my eyes must be going. They aren't labeled "P". They're "F". Thank you folks!

·
Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Found it. It is buried behind all of the under dash wiring in the foot well area. I actually have to lay on the floor mat with my legs straight up over the seat back to reach it. And sorry, my eyes must be going. They aren't labeled "P". They're "F". Thank you folks!
I've had a couple of cars like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hai guys.. mine is jeep renegade longitude and its right hand driver. Im trying to fine interior fuse aswell but i cant found it under the headlight. Can anyone help me?

·
Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Hai guys.. mine is jeep renegade longitude and its right hand driver. Im trying to fine interior fuse aswell but i cant found it under the headlight. Can anyone help me?
AHve you looked on the left hand side of the vehicle? They may have changed some wiring leads rather than the fuse box location for RHD vehicles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Took me a while to find the fuse box so I made a video for anyone who wants to see how to get to the fuse box. Takes a bit of work but not too bad to get too.

https://youtu.be/_1wFMo7cQu8
Holy crap. Never seen a fuse box so hard to get to. Trying to do some research as I got my Jeep back from the dealership on Friday and the heated seats/steering wheel and 4-way flasher buttons aren't working. They did just install a new wiring harness and while it's likely they missed a connection, I was wondering if they blew a fuse for those buttons. Can anyone tell me if those buttons are on the same fuse? I tried looking through the owners manual (online) but don't see a fuse box diagram there. If it is, is that fuse on the interior or under the hood box?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might be the stupidest place to put a fuse. I couldn't imagine if my hand was any bigger. Left with only a few cuts trying to wedge my hand in there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Might be the stupidest place to put a fuse. I couldn't imagine if my hand was any bigger. Left with only a few cuts trying to wedge my hand in there.
Had the same issue - no hand room to work. BUT, a right-angle 12-inch hemostat gets in the space just fine, and can grip fuses to both extract and insert them. Easy-peasy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've replaced the cigarette outlet fuse once already. I would not say it was easy peasy. I took bolts out of piece just under dash. I may have taken a plastic piece of dash after that. I dont think so. But then it was still a pain to get to it. I bought a specialty pair of needle nose pliers, the angle tipped. Not sure if the 90 degree pliers are better or the like 45 degree ones I got. Well it's happened again. I was able to get blown fuse out but not new one in. Guess I've got to take that piece off again to get to fuse box again. Such a ridiculous place to put something that obviously needs to be accessed somewhat frequently. By the way bought my jeep new, 2015 renegade latitude. I have 340,000 miles on it now. Nothing major yet except bearings on cooling fan. I'm sure all of you experience the jerk your teeth out shifting I have had since day one. Not sure how tranny still together due to how hard it shifts. Still rolling. Windshield cracks easily. Replaced hose on gas filler. That gave some crazy errors on dash.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The operative question is; why are you popping fuses so often ? It's not common at all to be replacing fuses "somewhat frequently". If you are, something you are using is not right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
W
Not the under hood one (which by the way my dealer claims is the only one...), not the one in the back behind the cargo area side covers, but the one the manual describes as "left of the steering column, below the instrument panel". Am I blind? For the life of me I can't find it. I need to find the "P" fuses to see why my cigarette lighter outlet quit working.
Watch this video. Still a pain to get to but a little easier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts