Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green - wheel fender
And blue - wheel fender.
Also how do these blue ones work. ? I can't seem to get the fender to snap back on and they seem really tight in, not sure if they're supposed to come out at all.

I'm not asking my dealer as he will say "What the **** have you been doing"

·
Registered
753 Posts
The blue ones are part number 5SR17JXWAA.

I recently installed my RenegadeReady hitch kit and they send you ten of them. I also ordered another 20 from QuirkParts.com;

CLIP-RETAINING - MOPAR (5SR17JXWAA)

I've been unable to locate the part number of the smaller green clips.

If you look in the inside of the molding, you'll see small slots with an open end. The square end of the clips slide into that slot on the molding. Once all the clips are in their appropriate slots, you push the molding back on - lining up the clips with their appropriate holes in the body, and things snap back into place.

If the clips are still in the body, you'll need to remove them - and if you don't break them you can slide them back into their appropriate slot on the molding, allowing you to reuse them

If you're doing the hitch-kit install from RenegadeReady, I'd be willing to bet they could give you the part-number of the green ones. Maybe even be able to buy some from those guys. The green ones were fairly easy to push out from the under-side of the fender. I used a small chunk of a pen-cap from a pen.

Wish I had taken pics while I was doing the install, sorta hard to explain things without pics...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cheers Chris.
I fired off an email to them so we'll see how that goes.

Jeep really need a presence in Europe.
Thier doomed outside the states if we have to get every little bit of plastic from the US.
Don't let anyone ever say the Renegade has anything to do with Fiat or Europe. It doesn't.
We have no parts, no apps, no support.
Anyway rant over :).

Ordered 10 of these for the **** of it . They look close to the green ones.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Cheers Chris.
I fired off an email to them so we'll see how that goes.

We have no parts, no apps, no support.

Ordered 10 of these for the **** of it . They look close to the green ones.
Curious to see what the folks over at RR come back with.

I'm surprised to see so little available over-seas, especially since the Ren's aren't even built in the US. Maybe it's just we've got a bigger after-market presence in-general for all things Jeep over here? :|

Those clips you found do look pretty similar to the green ones. Interested to see what you get once you receive things, :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See the green ones. (Around the fender in my case)
Well these white ones match. .
ALTHOUGH I haven't actually put one on yet, they look identical in the hand.

The blue ones, I've no luck on the Europe side and I complained to Jeep about not being able to get these parts in Europe.
They told me to go to dealer. I said

"It's not 1985. I don't expect to be driving around the country looking for bits of plastic in a time when I can buy any part for my Hover or washing machine online and I don't have to get them from America at cost of $40 shipping for $2 worth of plastic. Its JEEP. We need access to parts online."

I was in a right fucking mood.:)

So as I haven't actually had a blue one in my hand and see the whole thing, it's hard to compare and find online.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got these clips from my local dealer ... no problem they had them is stock .. I needed them when I fitted a tow-bar..

The clips do break very easy .. most Reny tow bar fitters keep them also ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Any update for someone the other side of the pond?
I fitted the OEM mud flaps to my Rennie and reversing over a high kerb (sidewalk?) as the mud flap is so rigid it has ripped off the entire fender moulding snapping every clip and the part on the fender which retains the clips.

I have sourced a 2nd hand fender on eBay and the white clips are available on UK Amazon (!!) but I now need BLUE and GREEN ones which are different.

Talk about make life hard for you!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
So, thanks to you, I have decided against mudflaps....
I hope you can find some clips. Renegade Ready might be able to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.