Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my complimentary "JEEP" key fob, thought "Oh, that's cool of them" tried to put my remote on and realized it doesn't fit.

I'm guessing all their new vehicles are using this fob. Also guessing it must be used on an existing ring....would have been nice to just use the fob itself.
Eh...what should I expect for $30K?

·
Registered
378 Posts
It is kind of funny. But maybe they mean for you to put your house keys, office keys, etc on this. I just keep the fob in my pocket by itself. After the ignition switch problem at GM with people having a pound of keys hanging down it just makes sense to keep the fob without other keys.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . I just keep the fob in my pocket by itself. . .
That's what I do. Since I use the garage door (with opener) I don't need house keys. I do have emergency house keys in the rare event the electric goes out and I can't get in the garage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont think it's funny, and I think your just being not-picky... Most people have a key ring with at least a house key or office key.

I have purchased new vehicles from subaru, volvo, ram and dodge in the past 6 years and never received a cool key chain in the mail. I am happy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Received my complimentary "JEEP" key fob, thought "Oh, that's cool of them" tried to put my remote on and realized it doesn't fit.

I'm guessing all their new vehicles are using this fob. Also guessing it must be used on an existing ring....would have been nice to just use the fob itself.
Eh...what should I expect for $30K?
Wow you guys get a key ring and we get this, and the willy's jeep won't fit on my key fob either :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Put a split ring on the key then attach the "freebie" to the ring.

Reactions: lamont
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.