Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 2015 Jeep Renegade features 12.4 cubic feet of storage when the second row of seats are up, and 30.7 cubic feet when they're folded flat.

That is kind of underwhelming for an SUV. The Honda Fit holds almost twice as much in either configuration - 20.6 / 57.3 cu. ft.

And here is a photo of the Renegade trunk / cargo area:

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The XJ Cherokee is almost exactly the same size and then offered 35/71 cu ft. in back.

XJ Cherokee: 167" long, ~70" wide, 64" tall
Renegade: 166.6" long, 71" wide, 66.5" tall

· Registered
16 Posts
I had a cherikee sport and currently have a patriot while exterior dims are similar the cherokee had thin seats and thin panels
While the pat has thick comfy seats and very thick panels which reduces its interior space considerably
I hauled similar cartons in both max u could fit in the cherokee sport was 50 boxes
While in the pat same boxes i max out at 37

· Registered
402 Posts
I do wish that the Renegade had more cargo space. I doubt that if the XJ Cherokees were made now they would have as much cargo room as they did in the past. With the now required safety features and interior refinement that customers demand, those take up the space that once could be used for cargo.

Scott

· Registered
402 Posts
woah the renegade is as big as an XJ?

I thought for sure it would be smaller

The Fit is one of those cars that are known to fit alot more than cars of its size (no pun intended)

Yes.

Length of Renegade: 106.6 inches
Length of XJ: 107 inches

Width of Renegade: 71 inches
Width of XJ: 70 inches

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.