Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious and wondering if anyone else has had as difficult a time as I have when taking your Renegades back to the dealer for any issues/concerns/service. I've tried 3 different dealers in my area (San Antonio, TX) and all three have been quite terrible to be honest.

I can't help but get the feeling they want nothing to do with this model and it's somewhat unsettling because each dealer I've contacted or visited has just been terribly rude upon mentioning the Renegade. My door locks stopped working like some of you all have already experienced, and I knew the battery disconnect would fix it but I wanted to have a dealer check it out. I was told (without anyone even bothering to want to take a look) that I would have to leave my ride for minimum of 3 days because its an electrical issue and that's how long it was going to take for them to even take a look at it. Um... nope. I just went ahead and disconnected the battery right there in front of them, in the service lane, reconnected it... got the locks working and went on about my merry way.

I had another minor issue a few months back that should've been handled quickly and easily but the service manager at another dealer (who was very happy to help a guy find loopholes in the warranty because he wanted to mod his wrangler) took one look at my Renegade and just said "oh I'm not going to warranty 'THAT' you can try taking it back to the dealer you purchased it from (which is 200 miles away).

Quite frustrating that I can't seem to get any assistance from folks who are supposed to be helping out. Even when I was trying to purchase, nobody seemed to know ANYTHING about the Renegade nor did many of the dealers I got in touch with seem to want anything to do with it.

Anybody else running into brick walls out there?

·
Registered
119 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I have NEVER had anything remotely close to an even neutral experience with Chrysler. Anytime I've dealt with their dealers, I've always left asking myself how I could get a job where such low expectations are had of the employees. Almost surreal like you expect a camera man to jump out and tell you you're on a practical joke show. Fortunately for Chrysler, my father only drove their cars and somehow this weird loyalty was passed on to me. They sure have never done anything to earn my business. For anything under about $500, I take it to an independent rather than deal with them on warranty. I look at it like I'm not paying for the repair, I'm paying for the added lifespan I'll have by not stroking out due to one of their rude employees. Particular horrible dealers I would avoid:
"Fritz" in Fishers,IN
Ontario Chrysler Dodge and Fiat in Ontario, CA

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I hate to say it, I have NEVER had anything remotely close to an even neutral experience with Chrysler. Anytime I've dealt with their dealers, I've always left asking myself how I could get a job where such low expectations are had of the employees. Almost surreal like you expect a camera man to jump out and tell you you're on a practical joke show. Fortunately for Chrysler, my father only drove their cars and somehow this weird loyalty was passed on to me. They sure have never done anything to earn my business. For anything under about $500, I take it to an independent rather than deal with them on warranty. I look at it like I'm not paying for the repair, I'm paying for the added lifespan I'll have by not stroking out due to one of their rude employees. Particular horrible dealers I would avoid:
"Fritz" in Fishers,IN
Ontario Chrysler Dodge and Fiat in Ontario, CA
I guess I've never really experienced this sort of treatment. I came from Volvo and they made everything so fast and easy and convenient for me. Maybe I was spoiled? I know I shouldn't compare them considering one steers a slightly more premium track, but I honestly expected much better from Jeep and FCA as a whole. :/

And I shouldn't bash the dealerships, but maybe the staffing is just awful??? Every person I've encountered has just been terrible. I'm not asking for someone to bend over backward but geez at least be courteous and respectful and act like you care about what you're doing!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel your pain -- not all dealerships have the same customer service & customer experience focus, and it would absolutely suck to only have three nearby who all treat you like an unwanted stepchild... have you tried looking at www.dealerrater.com for reviews of other Jeep dealers in your extended area? San Antonio (50 miles) -> http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/city/San-Antonio/TX/Jeep/?Distance=50
There are 8 Jeep dealers within a 50 mile radius from me, but the closest and most convenient have been terrible. I mean I'm normally calm and cool but the way these folks treated us (there was another Renegade owner at one and she and I BOTH experienced similar treatment at multiple service departments) was downright unfair compared to the other folks driving up. She even had one service tech flat out tell his supervisor that he didn't want to touch her Renegade. SMH... awful stuff! I feel like I'd have better luck taking it to a Fiat dealer if our standalone Alfa/Fiat store hadn't just gone out of business. The only other fiat dealer is a CDRJ/Fiat dealer that I've already marked off my list. :|

I'm going to try Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels because it's the only standalone Jeep dealer around. I'd actually hoped to purchase from them but they didn't have the specific model I was looking for, but the dealer experience I had just test driving was so great. Too bad it's 45 miles out though. Guess I'm just frustrated trying.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too bad y"all y"all have Texas problems. Bought my TH in Rochester, NH and you could not find a better dealer. They call weekly to see if I have any any issues or questions. Got an E-mail from the service manager thanking me for purchasing my TH and welcoming me to stop in anytime.
Unfortunately it seems to be the large market dealers. I didn't purchase locally for that reason also. I bought my Renegade from Blake Fulenweider CDJR up in Eastland, TX and had THE BEST customer service and purchasing experience. Did my entire transaction over text/phone including my trade appraisal. They even delivered my Renegade to my home and picked up my trade. Called me back after and my sales guy even added me on Facebook just to keep tabs on how things are going.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I'm just curious and wondering if anyone else has had as difficult a time as I have when taking your Renegades back to the dealer for any issues/concerns/service. I've tried 3 different dealers in my area (San Antonio, TX) and all three have been quite terrible to be honest.

I can't help but get the feeling they want nothing to do with this model and it's somewhat unsettling because each dealer I've contacted or visited has just been terribly rude upon mentioning the Renegade. My door locks stopped working like some of you all have already experienced, and I knew the battery disconnect would fix it but I wanted to have a dealer check it out. I was told (without anyone even bothering to want to take a look) that I would have to leave my ride for minimum of 3 days because its an electrical issue and that's how long it was going to take for them to even take a look at it. Um... nope. I just went ahead and disconnected the battery right there in front of them, in the service lane, reconnected it... got the locks working and went on about my merry way.

I had another minor issue a few months back that should've been handled quickly and easily but the service manager at another dealer (who was very happy to help a guy find loopholes in the warranty because he wanted to mod his wrangler) took one look at my Renegade and just said "oh I'm not going to warranty 'THAT' you can try taking it back to the dealer you purchased it from (which is 200 miles away).

Quite frustrating that I can't seem to get any assistance from folks who are supposed to be helping out. Even when I was trying to purchase, nobody seemed to know ANYTHING about the Renegade nor did many of the dealers I got in touch with seem to want anything to do with it.

Anybody else running into brick walls out there?
The three day wait may simply be the result of FCA's less than stellar parts supply pipeline meeting up with insane year on year growth. They may just not have the staff available to keep wait times down.

As for the other dealer, I'd contact your regional rep, or contact jeepcares here. The Chrysler dealer network has gone through that stuff in the past, and they put in place some metrics and controls to help deal with what had been the worst rated dealer network. They need to know about it to do anything about it though, so make a stink. I'd give them both the name of the dealer and of the service manager you spoke to. You don't want to work on it, don't sell it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Too bad y"all y"all have Texas problems. Bought my TH in Rochester, NH and you could not find a better dealer. They call weekly to see if I have any any issues or questions. Got an E-mail from the service manager thanking me for purchasing my TH and welcoming me to stop in anytime.
Got my Renegade from the same dealer :) and Scott and their staff are always friendly and get right on problems with new vehicles.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I would have to agree with raz-0. The vehicle is basically new and the supplies chain isn't capable to meet demand.
As for complaints, I get the feeling its not only Jeep Dealerships but any dealership/service departments from any brand. Some are good while others are simply bad.

Speaking of which, one of my fears is to have to drive far and beyond the norm to buy a vehicle to then have it service nearby and have the service dept (of the ones nearby) treat you less than stellar because it wasn't bought there. Although that shouldn't be the case, I do see and read about it alot.

TS

·
Registered
56 Posts
So glad my friend owns multiple dealerships in Alabama and ships direct to me. All deals done through text. His dealership has that family atmosphere and I hope he never sells as I don't want to ever experience another dealership.

Bought mine and he shipped straight to Texas!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had stupid issues with basic 'after the sale' stuff with the dealer I purchased from... the sales guy did his part, I kept up my end... it was the parts, new car prep and 'we owe' guys that were punk-butt poor. And they want me to refer other folks to them, not only 'no', but 'HECK no'.

I'll be going to another dealer for the service and any warranty... and they wonder why people hate to by cars.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok I have a dealership woes- right from the test drive. We get in the car and my husband says "looks like we are low on gas" dealer "nah we have plenty in the reserve". Well you all know where this is going... We run out of gas and the genius salesman goes to get more gas. We were on a very busy road and were cursed out by many that we weren't moving. Good times. Guy comes back with gas but didn't know about the funnel you need when you use a gas can (I read about this later). He is now pouring gas all over the road... At this point the police showed up and they wound up towing the car back to the dealer. Good times. We left and went to another dealer and bought an alpine white limited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
I find out tomorrow if this next jeep is actually going to happen..Why I did paperwork on the exact TH I wanted amounted to nothing..other than they couldnt tell me if it got sold before my paperwork went through? Im not able to pick and choose where I go as no one has what I need, and to build is out of my time table They helped me out with the #s , but if they cant provide my jeep...than Im hoping a bigger city dealer can help..

Tomorrow will be 14 days since I signed paperwork on a VIN that isnt mine :(:(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Unfortunately it seems to be the large market dealers. I didn't purchase locally for that reason also. I bought my Renegade from Blake Fulenweider CDJR up in Eastland, TX and had THE BEST customer service and purchasing experience. Did my entire transaction over text/phone including my trade appraisal. They even delivered my Renegade to my home and picked up my trade. Called me back after and my sales guy even added me on Facebook just to keep tabs on how things are going.
We bought our 2500 Ram from Blake Fullenwider. They were great people, but I stuck closer to home with the renegade purchase. Stanley in Brownwood. They have been very nice so far. We will see how they treat my Rennie, IF, IF I ever have to take it in for service... I am Knocking on wood!! Hope things get better for you!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We bought our 2500 Ram from Blake Fullenwider. They were great people, but I stuck closer to home with the renegade purchase. Stanley in Brownwood. They have been very nice so far. We will see how they treat my Rennie, IF, IF I ever have to take it in for service... I am Knocking on wood!! Hope things get better for you!
I haven't made any attempts since. So far sticking to self maintenance just so that I know it's getting done. I'm going to test the waters again in a bit for the transmission software update... Hopefully it goes well! Blake Fulenwider was AWESOME!!! Best experience ever!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.