Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to buy a 65" samsung tv.

Box size is 62"x38"x7 Tried measuring and its real close if I have seat up a bit farther than Id like as I am a tall guy

Just wondering if anyones actually tried to do it. Maybe fitting it at a odd angle or something. I could always unbox it to lose a few inches but thats not really ideal. Thinking maybe raise one end up to headrest height and tailget end stays down. But hard to tell.

So please let me know if you have tried. Shipping is out as it will go freight carrier and thats nothing but a nightmare in my opinion.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You might not need to fully unbox it. If it's just a little long, open one end, remove the padding and then fold the cardboard back against the TV so it still has some protection. Do both ends to gain another couple of inches.
Be careful handling it like this unless you tape the ends up again as if you are holding the box the TV could slide out of it :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sometimes you can look up shipping size from some on-line vendors. Good choice in T.V. Never have had an issue with samsung T.V. I installed 8 of them in our company 5 years ago and they have never been turned off and have had zero problems with them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
62x38x7 is the shipping box dimensions tv would be few inches less

I think if I angle one end up it could fit.

Im about to get hit by a blizzard in a couple hours so im not gonna go try and pick it up today
Ill try scrounge around see if I can something 62" long and see if I can fit it in the back and still have seat back enough to drive

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a 55" Vizio a year ago and it barely fit in the back with the seats down and I'm pretty sure it didn't lay flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a 55" Vizio a year ago and it barely fit in the back with the seats down and I'm pretty sure it didn't lay flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I bought a samsung 55", and it just fit. That box was not much larger than the tv.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well cut some scrap boards and screwed them together to represent the box dimensions and it just barely fits in if I slightly raise one end up and me being scrunched up against the steering wheel

Bestbuy offered free delivery, but since Im not wasting a day off to wait for a delivery Im having it delivered to my mothers house and then Ill play around trying to fit in in the car. rather not have 2 bestbuy guys staring at me while trying to make it fit. Worst case scenario ill borrow my sisters hyundai which is much bigger.

Ill report what happens if anyones interested

·
Registered
61 Posts
rather not have 2 bestbuy guys staring at me while trying to make it fit...
Ill report what happens if anyones interested
And don't have to risk someone who is not as concerned about damaging a headliner or other damage to your vehicle when loading it.

We like pics.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 65" Vizio at Costco and there's no way it was fitting. Sideways didn't work - it fit but I had to move the drivers seat up so far that I couldn't even get in the vehicle let alone try to drive like that. Once I took it out of the box it was fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it fit
I just had to angle the one side up so it kinda rested on the top of the front seats. Width wise it layed flat.

Im 6'4 and I was able to drive just a little scrunched up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts