Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I saw that there are Nerf Bars available in Italy. However, has anyone explored under their Renegade or thought of how to install a single truck step?

I think a single step under each door would be great. Both for looks and functionality. It would certainly help my wife and I when we are loading our paddle boards. And yes, my Renegade easily handled a 12.5 paddle board strapped onto the Thule Racks. I'll be stacking (2) this weekend and I'll take some pics.

So.......any Single Step Folks yet? I can't seem to find any out there yet.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
We are tossing around the idea but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The dealer had some installed on a couple and those looked good. But the cost there was a bit too much @ ~$700.

Reactions: jgarcia8735

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'll offer another idea. I bought a 9 inch high, collapsible plastic step stool for about $15. Perfect for reaching items secured on the roof. Folded it is about 2 inches thick.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
My sis is short and has a problem getting into my Santa Fe so we bought one of those collapsible steps also but in metal. But it is a hassle getting out, taking it out of the rear cargo area, expand the legs and place it each and every time we travel.

When I get the Renegade I was thinking of getting something like a manual pull out but I really don't think there is space to attach it under the Renegade.

Although I wouldn't mind getting one of those automatic power side steps by AMP Research but they are expensive. But I figure being automatic it would save time and they look pretty cool on a Wrangler. Too bad they don't make them (that I know of) for a Renegade yet. Plus looking at the instructions for a Wrangler and seeing the underside of a Renegade, I don't think its feasible space wise and hard as heck to install.

TS

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree that they would work perfectly on the Renegade, especially with some driveways where the center of the car takes a dip going into the driveway. With most step bars the car could ground out at that point, but maybe not if your had side hoop steps at each door. Suggest you keep checking the Go Rhino site. I believe the make such hoop steps. I think they would be quite helpful with loading kayaks or a canoe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
All,

I saw that there are Nerf Bars available in Italy. However, has anyone explored under their Renegade or thought of how to install a single truck step?

I think a single step under each door would be great. Both for looks and functionality. It would certainly help my wife and I when we are loading our paddle boards. And yes, my Renegade easily handled a 12.5 paddle board strapped onto the Thule Racks. I'll be stacking (2) this weekend and I'll take some pics.

Thoughts?
Can you link me to those nerf bars? I cant find them online.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is a company called Rocky Road Outfitters (www.rocky-road.com) that makes a really nice set of rock sliders for the Patriot, and they are looking for a Renegade in the Utah area to use for prototyping accessories for our Jeeps. I've got a set of their rock sliders with rails for my Patriot, and they work great as steps to get to the roof basket and they are also functional as rock rails for off road use. They bolt on through the pinch weld seam on the rockers, and also have a few mounting bars that extend to structural supports farther under the vehicle. They are VERY solid, and you only lose about 1" of clearance. I'm hoping they will make a similar set for the Renegade! If anyone is in Utah, look them up and you'll get some free accessories for the use of your Renegade.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I just keep a folding stepladder under the cargo floor for the rare cases when someone needs a boost getting in.

·
Registered
204 Posts
All,

Thoughts?
Are you just cam strapping the boards? I had been doing that until I found some hooligans trying to cut the straps. I then went to the supdawg and love the rack. Here is a photo of my renegade with my Glide Prowler, it was the first thing I did with the Jeep, went and borrowed crossbars from Rack N Road until the ones I ordered came in, then I hit the lake the same day I got the jeep. I also use the Thule get a grip to keep my paddles on the roof, have fit 6 in the get a grip. The draw back is that with the supdawg can only hold two in it although I have came strapped others on top of it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is a company called Rocky Road Outfitters (www.rocky-road.com) that makes a really nice set of rock sliders for the Patriot, and they are looking for a Renegade in the Utah area to use for prototyping accessories for our Jeeps. I've got a set of their rock sliders with rails for my Patriot, and they work great as steps to get to the roof basket and they are also functional as rock rails for off road use. They bolt on through the pinch weld seam on the rockers, and also have a few mounting bars that extend to structural supports farther under the vehicle. They are VERY solid, and you only lose about 1" of clearance. I'm hoping they will make a similar set for the Renegade! If anyone is in Utah, look them up and you'll get some free accessories for the use of your Renegade.
Wow wish I had known that sooner, I am in Utah :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.