Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed some paperwork + put $500 down to "hold" it for me last week and am now waiting for it to show up Wednesday or Thursday. I filled out my credit application, I was shown a sheet with potential, ballpark payments (different terms, average rates, with x, y, and z money down). I swear it said something about cash back if I went through Chrysler Capital (CC), despite no incentives or promotions like that being listed on Jeep.com. My salesperson was far from working in the finance department, so I limited my questions in that regard. I left without this sheet and am now really kicking myself about it. Granted, it'll still be there when I return.

Anyway, have you guys been offered anything if you financed with Chrysler Capital?

·
Registered
78 Posts
We were told no incentives or rebates for the Renegade when we bought it a week ago.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My employer has a supplier agreement, so there's that. There was a car show incentive, but that's expired. They told me any new incentives that are offered before I take delivery will be applied to my purchase. This is just for the purchase, not the financing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I'm getting EP and $500 for being a college graduate (despite that promotion only mentioning Compass, Patriot, and Cherokee online) on top of it already being a barebones Sport FWD. My selling price before trade/down payment is under 20k - don't think I can get it any/much cheaper but I'll certainly try! I guess I'll find out more about what that Chrysler Capital offer is soon!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I appreciate the info! Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow, if all goes according to plan! I don't know the forum's policy on thread locking/deleting but if there are mods floating around here, feel free to shut it down!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looking at the FCA site, they now have 1.9% for 84 months for the Patriot and the Compass.
They're really pushing hard to sell those two models.

All the other models only have 72 months and 4.04% financing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at the FCA site, they now have 1.9% for 84 months for the Patriot and the Compass.

Interesting. Prior to test driving a Renegade in March when I first saw them on a lot, I just about gave up on them. Wanting an affordable SUV and having Chrysler EP, that lowered it to about 3-4 options: Journey (meh), Cherokee (can't get passed the headlights), Patriot, and Compass. Now, I see the latter two and thank God I didn't settle for them. I thought I liked them (I still prefer Compass > Patty) at the time, but for the class and $ I wanted, there is no Chrysler family comparison.

Funny how that works, last I checked they were in the process of developing a vehicle to replace the both of those, trying to off load stock maybe?
I think I read months ago that Chrysler/Jeep denied the claim on Renegade replacing the two haha, what a joke. They are doing the automotive equivalent of giving them away. You can get them both for CHEAP, at least hear in St. Louis.

Also, what's with the Compass being more of a mini Grand Cherokee than the Cherokee? Those headlights really set it apart from the rest of the Jeep family, especially the GC, for better or for worse (probably the latter).

·
Registered
78 Posts

That's an insane APR, but too bad it's for the Patriot only. We got 84 mo @ 3.2%. So we are happy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Funny how that works, last I checked they were in the process of developing a vehicle to replace the both of those, trying to off load stock maybe?
An unnamed ( to us), stretched Renegade is going to be the Pat/Compass replacement.
It is due next year and will sell globally as a C-class vehicle.

The replacement was due this year, but the delays that pushed the Renegade back a year also pushed back the bigger version.

The delays are unfortunate. They are not as bad as the Wrangler replacement delays, however.
That was due next year, but now FCA is saying it will be 2018.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's an insane APR, but too bad it's for the Patriot only. We got 84 mo @ 3.2%. So we are happy.
That's a great rate. Did you get it through a bank?

------------------

Jeep is charging higher interest rates than others on most brands.

Ford, for instance, has 0% on a lot of models and specific trim levels, depending on what they are pushing that month.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know where you are located, but I shopped around for my own loan prior to going to the dealership. I found a federal credit union that pre-approved me for a 60-month loan at 1.5% APR, I then brought this pre-approval with me to the dealership and they actually matched this APR and did all the paperwork for me. So, I would suggest shopping around for a loan from local banks/credit unions prior to going to Chrysler Capital.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's a great rate. Did you get it through a bank?
We did, the term/rate from Chrysler wasn't good enough considering our good credit. Ironically our Fusion we traded in had 0% interest but the loan from Ford Credit was scheduled to go up a bit over $80 more a month in July.

Reactions: Incognito
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.