Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Who does the Renegade appeal to?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading reviews that the Renegade is targeted towards women and younger crowds. What's your opinion? I am father 44 used to ride motocross and love my Harley. :D

1. Women
2. Men
3. Both younger than 40
4. Both older than 40

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
They put a lot of guys in their ads to be targeting women hard. In general, I think the styling itself will have broad appeal demographically. Not that everyone will like it, but that those who like it will represent a wide selection of people.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
They put a lot of guys in their ads to be targeting women hard.
The same can be said about targeting guys too.
sorry, couldn't resist.

>:D

All joking aside, I think the poll is missing one choice. "Both, regardless of age". But in my opinion, it slightly seems more towards both sexes younger than 40 mainly because those inthe ads are about 20-35 years of age.

Personal observation: of the 4 Renegades I've seen in the city with a driver in it, 3 have been a woman and 1 guy.

TS

·
Registered
95 Posts
I work at a hospital and drove to work this past winter in a blizzard x 2. Women like me who have to get to work in all conditions will need our SUV's to get us there and vehicles like any Jeep, or RAV 4, Subaru, or any SUV, or compact SUV would be a more popular choice for ladies/mothers than a truck, which might be the more popular choice for men. Of course there are many exceptions to this, but I am just trying to share an observation that might be a factor in the overall gender buying trend.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone love hearing the opinions. I personally hate it when reading reviews to which they make judgement calls such as this. I totally agree that I think some people will like it and some won't.

Thanks again!

:ReneBlueWave:

Reactions: Tonym211

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
The same can be said about targeting guys too.
sorry, couldn't resist.

>:D

All joking aside, I think the poll is missing one choice. "Both, regardless of age". But in my opinion, it slightly seems more towards both sexes younger than 40 mainly because those inthe ads are about 20-35 years of age.

Personal observation: of the 4 Renegades I've seen in the city with a driver in it, 3 have been a woman and 1 guy.

TS
Remember, ads are about what you want to see yourself as. So tack 10 years onto those people, because they want the Renegade to say "youthful". 20-somethings don't run around going "Man, I wish I were younger." They might run around saying "man that's and old fart's car," but that usually doesn't apply to a new vehicle.

My guess is target is 35-54, (35-44 demo and 45-54 demo combined) for the bulk of sales, and want to have something you can sell to someone still in the 18-34 range's earning bracket as long as they don't want it all.

We'll really be able to tell when the leasing incentives come out. If it's something that verges on predatory for the 18-34 demo, you'll know they are pushing HARD to get them in the Renny.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with vancin86 and others -- "to each his own." I'm a 49 year old male and I love my Renedgade. I've owned Jeeps before but switched to Ford about 10 years ago. Chrysler has made a strong comeback in recent years with the Challenger, Dart, Charger, and the new or improved Jeep models. A small 4x4 meets my needs perfectly plus I got the 6-spd manual which is fun to drive and I feel more in control on the road.

Earlier this week a couple of college girls I didn't know (I teach at Ohio State) asked me at a stop light how I like the new Jeep and said I look great in it. So there's a commercial ad for the older demographic! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am 41 year old female. Although my BF (45 Male) says he would never buy one "its a girls car"...He cant seem to get enough of driving it! ;)
Ha, if he's always driving your "girl car" it sounds like he's getting in touch with his "inner girl." :)

Also, have him check out the "Veterans" thread -- there's Vietnam veterans, a Marine gunnery sergeant, a retired Army first sergeant, a Navy veteran, and I'm an Army veteran still serving in the National Guard. My neighbor is a 45 year old male (non-veteran) and he wants one now that he's seen mine. Maybe Jeep hit a nerve with the Willys Jeep connection?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Unless you have to drive using genitals -if not then it's just for anyone who likes it! :laugh:
LMAO

I think the guy at work which drives that over the top size Hummer on steroids probably does drive his vehicle with his genitals. Sure acts like he has 3 sacks down there. lol But that's for another thread.
:D

TS

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife hates it....which is good for me...as she won't drive it then :)

Maybe survey should have been on those who bought based on age...if want to get idea on if hitting certain age/sex more that other..

As it is now, kinda subjective asking me...who do I think appeals to?
Since my wife hates, I'd tend to respond as Male.
But I realize basing on judgement of one female...doesn't mean applies to rest of the women out there :)

So if survey was:
M under 40
M over 40
F under 40
F over 40

Might get some more useful data

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am 54. Last 3 vehicles:
1996 XJ
1995 ZJ
1997 XJ

Wife is 48. Last 3 vehicles:
2005 Tucson
2009 Escape
2015 Renegade

The Renegade is a fun little booger to drive and getting 25mpg in a 4x4 is a bonus.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.