Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Apple's CarPlay coming to Jeep.

35K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  mikeindp 
Although I am an Apple fan and have several Apple products (including the computer I am typing this on), Chrysler's Uconnect is very highly rated by Consumer Reports and by others, so this feature of the Renegade doesn't worry me at all. In a few rare cases Apple makes versions of their software to run on a non-Apple product (iTunes is the only example I can think of at the moment), but not usually. So I agree with Willy that it is unlikely the Apple software will work on the infotainment hardware in the Renegade. But, as I said, not to worry since the existing software is good.

Necros comments that he likes the idea of connecting an iPhone to a car. Both my iPhone and my iPod connect just fine to the infotainment system in my 2013 Lexus RX450h, and I don't see why they would not connect to the Chrysler supplied Uconnect in the Renegade. I am assuming (and hoping) that they will. Has anyone had any problems connecting an iPhone or an iPod to Uconnect in any other Chrysler product?

I just spoke with a salesman at my local Jeep dealer, and he confirmed what I had assumed, which is that Apple products, including my iPhone and iPod, will connect just fine to the Chrysler Uconnect infotainment system. They will connect exactly as they do to the infotainment system in my Lexus. Given that, if they put the existing Chrysler Uconnect in the Renegade I will be happy. I'm more concerned about the 9-speed gearbox and other parts of the new Renegade being troublesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.