Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Apple's CarPlay coming to Jeep.

35K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  mikeindp 
yes makes sense. I think if a manufacturers will need to offer both Apple and Google. Obviously Apple/Google is going to favor their company products, so unless they want to alienate an entire chunk of people based on their cell phone both will need to be offered. Now where this will get interesting is if its just a simple software load, or if there will need to be unique hardware for Apple/Google???
considering that their software systems are unique and that they would want to make more money out of this, i think it's best for them if they require you to own their unit to use their software.

it would be great if they can allow software upgrade for carplay as easy as it is for any of their phones, seeing how good they are with this on all of their current devices i can see this happening.

It would be great if it's something available from launch, it might help them a bit on their end with sales as it's one more perk for people to consider when getting one of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.