Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for out European friends, will FIAT dealers service/handle the Renegade? would be a quick and dirty way for FCA to expand their service network for a brand still developing their footprint on the continent...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Question for out European friends, will FIAT dealers service/handle the Renegade? would be a quick and dirty way for FCA to expand their service network for a brand still developing their footprint on the continent...
Yes, In Italy FIAT handle Jeep also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In Europe probably, but in the states I would say NO, (US Abarth owner here)

Even while the Dodge Dart is actually a Alfa Romeo Guiletta and now the Renegade use the same 1.4 Multiair turbo.
I cant go to a Chrysler dealer to get any warranty work done like the rear main seal which is starting to leak a little bit. AND.. my nearest Fiat dealer is about and hour and 45min away.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Europe probably, but in the states I would say NO, (US Abarth owner here)

Even while the Dodge Dart is actually a Alfa Romeo Guiletta and now the Renegade use the same 1.4 Multiair turbo.
I cant go to a Chrysler dealer to get any warranty work done like the rear main seal which is starting to leak a little bit. AND.. my nearest Fiat dealer is about and hour and 45min away.
I'd thought in NA most FIAT dealers were integrated with Dodge/Chrysler dealerships anyways?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I'd thought in NA most FIAT dealers were integrated with Dodge/Chrysler dealerships anyways?
I personally have never seen a FIAT dealership integrated with any of the other Fiat / Chrysler brands. I have always seen them standalone. It is not uncommon at all to see Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep dealerships combined however.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As Norm would say, "It's a little-known fact"...

... that auto dealers earn most of their income from service not sales. As in the vast majority of their income. So if a Fiat dealer can service your Renegade, you bet they will. They'd also be overjoyed just to have a body on the lot - drive by your local USA Fiat dealership and be prepared to be taken aback by the unsold cars overflowing the lot, with nary a purchaser in sight (I did exactly that - I got lots of attention from bored and desperate and lonely sales people).

I'd say it's a question of internal company dynamics. Do they have access to the training? Can they file warranty work? FCA is a single entity, but do they have integrated processes?

It'd be interesting for somebody to ask their Fiat service manager about that.

s

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram dealer near me is indeed affiliated with Fiat. They have lot's of Fiat cars on the lot (maybe not too popular in eastern PA?).

Reactions: JeepFan

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram dealer near me is indeed affiliated with Fiat. They have lot's of Fiat cars on the lot (maybe not too popular in eastern PA?).
I think that interest should pick up as I have heard they might be bringing some of them to auto shows, so with that presence it should stir up some good interest in fiat models, getting people to ask questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.