Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From 3k rpm on up, especially with moderate acceleration, like on-ramps, I experience a sudden singular misfire-like feeling in the engine. Just a single hit, but every second and over the powerband from 3k on up.

Best I can describe it is like I have a single weak COP and it can't handle moderate to heavy load. Unfortunately not bad enough (or long enough) to throw a code so I'm sure the dealer will be paralyzed.

I'm getting a feeling this is an emerging issue. Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been there then one rainy day jeep was dead. And was like it right from new 14k later
Bad plug
Turning the heater fan on would kill engine

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe there was another post about something like this .... eventually resulted in a "check engine" code.

I will admit that the engine seems to hesitate a little when cold.... I haven't noticed anything like this after it warms up.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I'm thinking like a mechanic, so I'm thinking weak coil pack (and maybe a bad plug).

Then I remember the salesman saying when I bought it: "Oh yeah, whenever a update comes out, our service guys do all the cars." And that BS triggered my request for a printout of the service record on what I was about to buy. But I never got back to it.

Thanks for having me check the prior posts. They say to check for any updates to be done. I went back to that service record. Well, nada, nothing, zip, for having updated diddly. So... I'm off to my local dealer with good reason for them to check all the updates.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I experience intermittent power delivery during mid-throttle application. And when I say intermittent, I don't mean on and off; I mean less power, then more power, then less power, etc. I've a feeling it's Fiat's MultiAir system going back and forth between different valve opening schemes. If you're not familiar with it, take a look at this video to see what I mean. Not too dissimilar from my annoying auto headlight feature that can't make up its proverbial mind during light levels nears its boundary condition to turn on/off, the ECU may be switching back and forth between full-open intake valves and late-intake valve opening, or whichever scheme, near the engine load boundary conditions.

This would explain both the awkward power delivery and how a simple ECU update fixes it while also being congruent with similar FCA "can't make up my mind at boundary conditions!" programming we witness elsewhere.

Please let us know the results after your car gets looked at by the dealer.

Never had no problem with mine. Done a smidge ower 4,400 miles.
So what seems to be your problem? :)
</doubleNegativeQuip>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.