Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a new thread on this because frankly all the talk is getting confusing in the other threads on this topic. What I am looking for is to try and figure out what model vehicle you have, what UConnect (5.0 or 6.5), and who has been able to use the ARMREST USB port to play media via a thumbdrive (or other device as long as you aren't using Bluetooth). I am not concerned if you use it to charge and Bluetooth to the device to play music, I just want to know if anyone is able to play media through the ARMREST USB port only. There seems to be too much confusion on what is meant by center console, so to be clear, I am only concerned about the USB port in the armrest console. Who has been able to plug a thumbdrive or device into the armrest USB to play music (without Bluetooth) and what vehicle model and UConnect (5.0 or 6.5) do you have? Forget the dashboard USB media port for now. I would especially like to hear from those that have been able to use a thumbdrive in the armrest USB to play music and their vehicle details.

· Registered
82 Posts
UK Nov 2015 1.6 Diesel Limited 6.5 uconnect.
USB in armrest plays downloaded ITunes music via stick and shows as USB 2 on screen.
USB 1 on front panel plays downloaded talking books on stick.
So can switch from usb 1 , usb 2, radio, bluetooth and live connect streamed music (Deezer).
All working fine

Have other problems but that bit is ok!

· Registered
29 Posts
armrest usb

As is demonstrated by the responses above (at least for North America) the 5.0 system has a battery symbol in the armrest and is a charge only port while the 6.5 has a USB symbol and the media page on the head unit says USB1 and USB2.

· Premium Member
1,540 Posts
As is demonstrated by the responses above (at least for North America) the 5.0 system has a battery symbol in the armrest and is a charge only port while the 6.5 has a USB symbol and the media page on the head unit says USB1 and USB2.
I would agree that it does seem this way, however, I posted in the other thread about this that I went through all the posts and sorted everything out. We had 3 people saying that they have the 5.0 and it DOES play from the armrest.
So it's not as simple as 5.0 vs 6.5 ... Unless those 3 posters were mistaken....

· Registered
211 Posts
I'm starting a new thread on this because frankly all the talk is getting confusing in the other threads on this topic. What I am looking for is to try and figure out what model vehicle you have, what UConnect (5.0 or 6.5), and who has been able to use the ARMREST USB port to play media via a thumbdrive (or other device as long as you aren't using Bluetooth). I am not concerned if you use it to charge and Bluetooth to the device to play music, I just want to know if anyone is able to play media through the ARMREST USB port only. There seems to be too much confusion on what is meant by center console, so to be clear, I am only concerned about the USB port in the armrest console. Who has been able to plug a thumbdrive or device into the armrest USB to play music (without Bluetooth) and what vehicle model and UConnect (5.0 or 6.5) do you have? Forget the dashboard USB media port for now. I would especially like to hear from those that have been able to use a thumbdrive in the armrest USB to play music and their vehicle details.
I have a 2015 trailhawk with the 6.5NAV and it plays audio just fine through the arm rest USB

· Registered
112 Posts
UK 1.6 Longitude with 5.00 .. new car a few days old..

Armrest plays media and charges phone .. Denoted on screen as 'USB 2'

The only grump is if I leave the stick in and go to media it starts playing last tune that was played .. but not really a problem..

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.