Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before today, I thought that (we) Renegade Jeep owners were the "stepchildren" of JEEP. I just found you guys and wanted to introduce myself. I am the owner of a 2018 Jeep Renegade (Upland) basically a black-trim package. I am preparing to go Overlanding in 2022 and need help overhauling my Renegade. It is pretty much a stock rig at this point and I am open to (any) and (all) suggestions about how to get this Off-road ready.
If there are any suggestions on wheels, tires, rear bumpers with tire mounts and gas/water holders; any info out there on rock sliders, lift kits, skid plates for a start...then somebody PLEASE, PLEASE help me get started.
Glad to be here and thanks for all of your support.

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome!

What do you mean by "overlanding"? The common term, I think, is "offroading."

If you do some searches here for keywords like "offroad," you'll find a lot of info or suggestions on how to get started.

Looks like your 2018 Renegade Upland is a 4x4? What specific kind of tires do you have on it now?

The next (or maybe the first) critical thing to ask is, where do you live, and what kind of offroading do you want to do? Your Upland doesn't have quite the ground clearance of a Trailhawk, doesn't have some of the traction or protection features, and doesn't have recovery hooks; but it may well be perfectly capable of doing the offroading you're thinking about.

No matter what, you need some basic emergency equipment... most of it what you might carry on the highway. Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, emergency blankets, food, and water...

And remember to start safe and easy... build up confidence in yourself and in what your vehicle can do. Then push it bit by bit...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts