Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent my Winter working on several after-market adds. Spring is here and ready to hit the trails. Here are the adds if anybody has questions, I'll help where I can:

• ATP 4.0 lift
• Cooper AT3 4S 235/65/17 29.25 x 9.3 (wanted to keep my wheels and these Coopers fit in the spare wheel well)
• Supreme Suspension 1" spacers 5x110 (used 22mm shank 12x1.25 short heads to prevent wheel interference)
• Black capped 12x1.25 wheel nuts
• Rocky Road Outfitters - Trailhawk Renegade Winch Mount and Skid Plate
• Smittybilt XRC 9000 Winch
• Renegade Ready "In Bumper" tow hitch and wiring harness
• ROLA Roof Rack
• Valkyrie Ditch Light Brackets
• Mohawk Off-Road Fab rear light pod mounting braket
• Rigid light pods and light bar
• Tied lights into a Daystar A-Pillar Switch Pod and ordered custom rockers (including a winch rocker)
• Threw in some Angry Bird headlight Bezels just for fun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spent my Winter working on several after-market adds. Spring is here and ready to hit the trails. Here are the adds if anybody has questions, I'll help where I can:

• ATP 4.0 lift
• Cooper AT3 4S 235/65/17 29.25 x 9.3 (wanted to keep my wheels and these Coopers fit in the spare wheel well)
• Supreme Suspension 1" spacers 5x110 (used 22mm shank 12x1.25 short heads to prevent wheel interference)
• Black capped 12x1.25 wheel nuts
• Rocky Road Outfitters - Trailhawk Renegade Winch Mount and Skid Plate
• Smittybilt XRC 9000 Winch
• Renegade Ready "In Bumper" tow hitch and wiring harness
• ROLA Roof Rack
• Valkyrie Ditch Light Brackets
• Mohawk Off-Road Fab rear light pod mounting braket
• Rigid light pods and light bar
• Tied lights into a Daystar A-Pillar Switch Pod and ordered custom rockers (including a winch rocker)
• Threw in some Angry Bird headlight Bezels just for fun
How hard was it to install the Atp 4.0 lift kit? Any pointers? Thanks.

·
Registered
804 Posts
How hard was it to install the Atp 4.0 lift kit? Any pointers? Thanks.
The 4.0 really isn't any harder then any other lift kit with the exception of springs.
The struts still have to be removed to install the spacers, but the strut need to be disassembled first to install the new springs.
A large pry bar and/or screw driver to make reinstalling the struts a little easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 4.0 really isn't any harder then any other lift kit with the exception of springs.
The struts still have to be removed to install the spacers, but the strut need to be disassembled first to install the new springs.
A large pry bar and/or screw driver to make reinstalling the struts a little easier.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics.
I Love that the winch control is on your A-Pillar. SMART!
How did you wire that up?
Sorry - I have been in the middle of relocating, house selling, etc and have not viewed this board in a long time. I have a post on the A-pillar work. Here is the link. You just have to be careful in the height of the pillar switch box to avoid air bag interference. A-Pillar Switch Pod on 2017 TH Renegade - you can do it, no air bag interference

Also, the wiring is like any winch rocker switch, but somewhere in the jeep locate a power interrupt toggle switch that you have to throw first before power goes to the winch rocker. This way you do not accidentally move the line in or out (kids with curious hands). I have a red illuminated rocker with a safety cover mounted in the plastic under my steering wheel. I have to throw that switch first before power goes to the winch rocker for operation. You can find wiring diagrams online, but I have attached a basic one for you.

Wich in-out wiring.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any problems you have discovered with the 4" lift??? How about alignment issues. I am getting close to lifting mine but concerned about problems?

·
Registered
804 Posts
... but somewhere in the jeep locate a power interrupt toggle switch that you have to throw first before power goes to the winch rocker.
I have a red illuminated rocker with a safety cover mounted in the plastic under my steering wheel. I have to throw that switch first before power goes to the winch rocker for operation.
I gotter done, thanks for the idea.
I never never researched this before, I didn't know there was a switch for running the winch from inside.

I installed my light and winch switches in the knee bolster, with a red illuminated rocker to keep from accidental activation of the winch.
Not as nice as the A Pillar mounted switches (I have a gauge pod on my A Pillar), but it works, out of the way, and is easy to get to.

Thanks for the tip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts