Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on American Trail Products website that they now have a 4.0 (4”) lift available. Has anyone installed it yet? Please post a photos and tire sizes your running on. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not I installed it. I have the ATP 2.0 on my Trailhawk. The 4.0 is the same kit but includes those red lift springs for the strut. The blocks give you 2" and the upgraded spring gives you 2" more( non- Trailhawk). I am looking to get the springs for my TH. But since the TH already come with slight suspension lift ATP says they will only give me an additional 1". That being said, if I do the upgrade, anyone interested making an offer on TH springs ? It should be similar to the Eibach lift springs for a non-TH.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone concerned about CV boots and overall extra wear on components at a 4" lift? Heard it might probably cause issues? But would love to get it, would make me just as high as my old wrangler on 35" tires haha

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have not I installed it. I have the ATP 2.0 on my Trailhawk. The 4.0 is the same kit but includes those red lift springs for the strut. The blocks give you 2" and the upgraded spring gives you 2" more( non- Trailhawk). I am looking to get the springs for my TH. But since the TH already come with slight suspension lift ATP says they will only give me an additional 1". That being said, if I do the upgrade, anyone interested making an offer on TH springs ? It should be similar to the Eibach lift springs for a non-TH.
That is VERY tempting (springs). Ill eventually have to go to 225/65r17's to replace the stockers (since Jeep was stupid enough to make a "trail rated" version of a vehicle that ZERO all terrain tires exist for it's size. Way to go geniuses. No surprise there). I'd be looking to keep a fairly stock look with that "one size up" tire size so those springs would make sense!
Hmm.. I'll have to mull it over some.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is VERY tempting (springs). Ill eventually have to go to 225/65r17's to replace the stockers (since Jeep was stupid enough to make a "trail rated" version of a vehicle that ZERO all terrain tires exist for it's size. Way to go geniuses. No surprise there). I'd be looking to keep a fairly stock look with that "one size up" tire size so those springs would make sense!
Hmm.. I'll have to mull it over some.
Quick question, does adding springs effect the CV angles? This was my concern, because if it doesn't we can go with the AVID 1.5" throw some ebachi 1.75" springs and we're at a solid 3.25" of total lift.

·
Registered
40 Posts
@Maverick365

nevermind i see what you mean getting the springs instead of the spacers? Let me know what lift you go with, that might be much easier to do and don't have to worry about spacers ect. I still have like a solid 9 months before i lift it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see on American Trail Products website that they now have a 4.0 (4”) lift available. Has anyone installed it yet? Please post a photos and tire sizes your running on. Thanks!
T
the atp 4in kit is great but with some exceptions you need to consider going in 1 you will need to buy camber bolts to get your renegade close to being inline after renegades do not come from facowith camber bolts 2 the cool looking red springs are to much for the strut you will need to replace them they will wear out quickly just use the kit without them and get about a 3 1/4 in lift you’ll like it and it will ride a lot smoother 3 the atp sway bar end links are junk the will be popping and cracking before your first 1k miles of on road use let alone off road I’m trying to find a high quality replacement for them at the moment I just took the dam things off mine and drive without them but you have more body role personally I don’t like it but that’s a better option then hearing the poorly made junk end links. If after all this you still want to lift your Jeep have fun you will definitely like it but their is definitely down side to it

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I went with the AVID 2.5 inch lift and the ATP springs (I actually bought the ATP 4.0, but used the AVID lift kit instead). The AVID kit comes with the camber bolts.
I also upgraded to the Bilstein B6 Series Struts. No cutting required for half-shaft clearance.
No issues with the AVID sway bar end links after 6k miles. And yes, I drive it off road regularly.

I am using the BFGoodrich KO2 245/65R17. Pinch weld modification is a MUST!
NO more then 1 inch spacers or you will get tire rub at 3/4 turn on the back side of the front fender liner.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
... If after all this you still want to lift your Jeep have fun you will definitely like it but their is definitely down side to it
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

I for 1 appreciate your input. thank you.
Good write up and advice.

I have considered running without the sway bar end links, but as of yet, they aren't making any noise. That and I drive 140 miles daily in the mountains. I don't know if i'd really want to run without the end links full time in the mountains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got back from a 6000 km trip in the Renegade, including some offroad, but mostly highway. I'm looking at a slight lift to improve ground clearance on the nearby trails, but also to stiffen up the rear, which was a bit low from hauling camping gear for 4 people. Has anyone tried the ATP 2" lift springs alone, without the additional 2" spacer kit? I've seen it claimed that they are the same as the Eibach springs, only red, but I haven't found anyone who did the spring-only lift.

This is for a 2016 Dawn of Justice edition, so basically a Sport 4x4. I don't mind upgrading to Bilstein struts at the same time, if that's all it takes.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Has anyone tried the ATP 2" lift springs alone, without the additional 2" spacer kit? I've seen it claimed that they are the same as the Eibach springs, only red, but I haven't found anyone who did the spring-only lift.

This is for a 2016 Dawn of Justice edition, so basically a Sport 4x4. I don't mind upgrading to Bilstein struts at the same time, if that's all it takes.
The ATP springs are made by Eibach to ATP specifications.

A spring lift alone would make for a stiff ride if you are not planning on adding additional weight; i.e. bumpers, sliders etc.

A 2 inch "spacer lift kit" would be an easier install (less expensive), and would retain factory ride quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The ATP springs are made by Eibach to ATP specifications.

A spring lift alone would make for a stiff ride if you are not planning on adding additional weight; i.e. bumpers, sliders etc.

A 2 inch "spacer lift kit" would be an easier install (less expensive), and would retain factory ride quality.
Thanks!

I am specifically looking for a stiffer ride to carry more gear, so it sounds like this might do it. Has anyone compared the ATP spring rates to either of the standard Eibach springs that are available?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts