Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started with a speaker symbol showing on my dashboard, from there the back right speaker stopped working. So I opened the panel to see what happened and noticed there was a lot of water in the panel, I disconnected the "damaged speaker" and put it in the front right passenger speaker and it worked. From there the radio would work and then it wouldn't, I figured I might as well install new speakers since maybe the speakers weren't up to par. I got some great JBL speakers that worked on very low wattage and need no amp, only added the adapter to connect the speaker and once installed it worked for a bit. But a few days later, the radio turned back off and just stayed off with the same weird error from before. Now it won't turn back on, and the mileage stays blinking, and back up camera doesn't work since radio is out. A Jeep dealer I went to is trying to blame me because I changed the speakers, does any know how to get this fixed?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It all started with a speaker symbol showing on my dashboard, from there the back right speaker stopped working. So I opened the panel to see what happened and noticed there was a lot of water in the panel, I disconnected the "damaged speaker" and put it in the front right passenger speaker and it worked. From there the radio would work and then it wouldn't, I figured I might as well install new speakers since maybe the speakers weren't up to par. I got some great JBL speakers that worked on very low wattage and need no amp, only added the adapter to connect the speaker and once installed it worked for a bit. But a few days later, the radio turned back off and just stayed off with the same weird error from before. Now it won't turn back on, and the mileage stays blinking, and back up camera doesn't work since radio is out. A Jeep dealer I went to is trying to blame me because I changed the speakers, does any know how to get this fixed? View attachment 2396348240 View attachment 2396348241
This certainly sounds like a frustrating situation, Edwin. Although we cannot guarantee a different outcome if you do, you may want to try working with another dealer in your area. If you'd like assistance locating one, send us a private message.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts
and enjoy the forum!

If you had water by the speaker the first thing you should of did was go to the dealer!
Now like JC said try a differnt dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
2017 Jeep renegade sport
5 Posts
Hi Edwin the radio in my renegade was a sore point for The first 20000 miles before the. Dealer found the problem. The radio icon was shining and one of the speakers would give out or not work. I returned to the dealers 5 or 6 times before the radio finally worked ok. The last time I said if the problem is in the radio perhaps an aftermarket might be easier but this time when I got it returned the radio worked and since then.

An expensive system with the Uconnect, rear video, and several features with it.
You said water n the speaker. You can get an aftermarket dash radio for a couple hundred dollars you’ll have to decide whether you want to keep the uconnect or not. Check for a radio w amp build in or a radio plus the amp. You’ve already got the speakers.
what year is your renegade. Mine is 2017.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts