Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Started the Jeep this morning. I saw a yellow speaker symbol with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner of the EVIC with the message above.

The 5" radio (6 speaker system) worked fine but no driver dash speaker in any reception mode. So I disconnected the neg battery cable and checked the speaker and the wire to the radio. All was fine. Head scratching ensues.

I then swapped the good passenger dash speaker to the bad driver position. Then I reconnected the battery and it worked. Basically proving the head unit and wire is good. So I suspect a bad driver speaker.

Until I tried the bad speaker in the good passenger corner, and now it too worked! Wha?

With speakers back in their original corners, I cycled the ignition, no message, all works fine.

Conclusion: unknown cause of message. Could have saved some work with starting at disconnecting the battery and clearing the system first. Then dug into the components second.
Mine has done the same thing. I have not yet changed speakers as I do not have a warranty. I have also noticed that lithe radio/speaker will skip/ stop playing for a second at random. Then start playing again a second or so later. I have only had it for 5 days!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Knowing what I know now, I would suspect a loose connection At the driver door speaker. When I installed better speakers, I found that and once fixed, never a message again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the base radio and recently received this error. I have noticed that the error is sporadic. One day the error was there all day, then the next it was gone. It didn't reappear for a week. Then it cleared itself after I restarted the vehicle.

Along with this error I have been experiencing the front passenger speaker cutting in and out. The dealer has ordered a replacement speaker as a place to start. This part seems to be one coming from overseas as it has been over a week now and the Dealer has not yet received the replacement.
I’m in the same boat. My dealership replaced every part imaginable!! New speakers, new wiring, new radio and evening the connector thingy on the back of the speaker! All on the left side. It keeps happening! I love my Jeep but not happy paying for Sirius radio and not hearing it. Last time I had a rental for 4 days! They’ve opened a case file twice to see if anyone has a clue how to fix it! Had to postpone till the 3/28th as warranty is gone but because it happened when covered, they’ll still cover parts up to two years! Just frustrating!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had this on and off for the last 3-4 weeks. As with other posters, seems to be a duff connection - I can hear the balance shift as I drive along. Think it might be a bad window seal on the driver's door letting water seep down onto the speaker 'cos it rarely occurs on a warm dry day. Can live with this, no problem, but it also kicks the reversing sensors into touch (both the audible beepers and the uconnect graphic) and that could prove expensive ...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Had this on and off for the last 3-4 weeks. As with other posters, seems to be a duff connection - I can hear the balance shift as I drive along. Think it might be a bad window seal on the driver's door letting water seep down onto the speaker 'cos it rarely occurs on a warm dry day. Can live with this, no problem, but it also kicks the reversing sensors into touch (both the audible beepers and the uconnect graphic) and that could prove expensive ...
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

21 - 28 of 28 Posts